Without this setting, different profiles may have to be maintained and selected depending on the location where the connection is initiated.
If the wrong selection for this setting is made for any specific SSID, this can be changed through the following steps:
From within the AT&T Global Network Client do the following:
- On the main screen click on "Change connection sequence…" in the Connection Sequence task group.
- From the popup menu select "Configure a connection sequence"
- On the resulting dialog box click on "WiFi Preferred Private"
- Click the "Properties " button
- You will now have a dialog with a list of WiFi profiles. Next to each entry is a check box to specify if VPN is needed for that SSID
- Double click the checkbox next to the desired SSID. Each time you double click the box will alternate between check and unchecked