Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Net Client has stopped working

Net Client has stopped working

Hi Team,

We are using Windows 7 32 bit operating system , We are able to install AT&T Global Network Client Version 9.3.0.3001 successfully but while configuring profile we are receiving the error "Network client has stopped working", We have tried by unistalling and installing multiple times by cleaning the registry as you have mentioned somwhere in the support community. I have attached the support log for your reference. Please help in resolving this issue. Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Nikhil.

Message 1 of 13
Employee

Re: Net Client has stopped working

There is a known issue with 9.3.    This was resolved in 9.3.1 and later releases.

Please unisntall 9.3 and install 9.3.2 from our FTP site:

ftp://ftp.attglobal.net/pub/client/win32/9.3.2/Managed%20VPN/

Please let us know if 9.3.2 resolves your issue.

Thank you.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 13
Solution
Accepted by Anonymous
Accepted by Anonymous
‎08-26-2015 1:25 AM

Thanks a lot for your quick reply, Hope reinstallation will fix my issue.

Message 3 of 13

DBear,

I am having a similar in Windows 8.1 on a surface Pro 2.  NetClient had been working fine, but just recently started to receive the NetClient has stopped working error.  I had VPN managed version 9.3.1.3001, I uninstalled that and installed 9.3.2, but still have the same issue, any suggestions?  Thanks,

Message 4 of 13
Employee

Please attach the support logs to this post.

Open the AT&T Global Network Client, Click on Help and Create Support Log.  Please attach the full zip file.

Thank you.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 13

I cannot open up Global Network Client.  When I attempt to do so, that is when I get the NetClient has stopped working pop up and the only thing I can do is close the program.

Message 6 of 13
Employee

Please right click on the start button and open Windows Explorer.  Go to Computer, System (CSmiley Happy, Progam Files, AT&TGlobal Network Client and in the AT&T Global Network Client look for NetHelp.exe.    See if you can generate the logs this way.

Thank you.

Message 7 of 13

Clicking on NetHelp.exe does nothing, even tried right clicking on it and selected Run as Administrator.

Message 8 of 13
Employee

Since the client crashes immediately and we can not pull the log to review.   I would recommend an uninstall and reinstall of the AT&T Global Network Client.

Please follow the Manual Uninstall Procedures below:

1. Navigate to START-> Control Panel-> Add or Remove Programs, select the AT&T Net Client.  If present, highlight AT&T Global network client and click CHANGE.  Select REMOVE and select the option to remove all user settings from this computer.
Reboot the workstation.

2. Click on Start-> Control Panel-> Network Connections.
In the LAN or High-Speed Internet section find the entry for Local Area Connection.
Right click on the entry and select “properties”.
Scroll down the list of items in the “This connection uses the following items” section.  Look for AGN Filter interface and AT&T Wi-Fi Support Driver
If you see either highlight that entry and select uninstall.

Reboot the workstation if you had to uninstall either or both entries.  Otherwise move on to step 3

3. Click on Start-> Control Panel-> System
Select the hardware tab and then device manager.
At the top, click on VIEW and select "show hidden devices". 
Expand or ‘open’ Network Adapters and look for ‘AGN virtual network adapter’ or any AGN component listed. 
If either or both of these entries exist, right click on the entry and select ‘Uninstall’
Reboot the workstation if either or both entries were uninstalled.  Otherwise move on to step  4.

4. Right click on START -> EXPLORE
Click  on the “Tools” drop down menu, and select  “Folder Options”.   This will bring up a widow with three (3) tabs. Click on the center tab titled 'View'. On the Advanced Settings list you will see an option titled 'Hidden Files and Folders' make sure that the 'Show Hidden Files and Folders' radio button is selected. Click on Apply in the bottom right hand corner and then OK.

Delete the directory C:\Program Files\AT&T Global Network Client

Delete the AGNS folder from C:\Documents and Settings\"logged in user name**"\Local Settings\Application Data\

** Logged in user name generally refers to the user name you log onto the windows desktop with

Please check each username defined under Documents and Settings for any instance of the AGNS folder including the “All Users” folder
*** We have found instances where AGNS existed under other computer names such as Administrator, so please ensure all AGNS folders have been deleted.

After this is completed close out Windows Explorer

5. Go to Start, run and type in regedit and click ok.
Delete the following keys if present:

HKey Local Machine -] Software -] AGNS
HKey Local Machine -] System -] Current Control Set -] ENUM -] ROOT -] ATT_AGNFILTMP
HKey Local Machine -] System -] Current Control Set -] ENUM -] ROOT -] ATT_AVPNNIC
HKey Local Machine -] System -] Current Control Set -] Services -] agnfilt
HKey Local Machine -] System -] Current Control Set -] Services -] agnwif
HKey Local Machine -] System -] Current Control Set -] Services -] avpnnic
HKey Users - .Default -] Software -] AGNS
HKey Current User -] Software -] AGNS 

*** If any registry key cannot be deleted, right click on the key and select permissions.  Check the full control option under ALLOW then click OK. Retry deleting the registry key.

Close regedit

6. REBOOT your workstation.

7.  Install the AT&T Global Network Client

http://www.corp.att.com/agnc/windows/

Message 9 of 13

I followed instructions and installed version 9.4.0.3004, but still get a "NetClient has stopped working" pop up when I try to open it up.

Message 10 of 13
Employee

It seems that something is preventing the AT&TGlobal Network Client to install correctly.  Please disable  your security software,  follow the manual uninstall steps again,  reboot,  disable your security software and install the client..

We have seen in the past where security software such as McAfee, SEP, etc. has caused installation problems when enabled during the install process.   

Please let me know if you still see the error.

Thank you.

Message 11 of 13

At this point, I haven't even installed Endpoint Protection on to this device, so that can't be the issue.

Thanks,

Message 12 of 13
Employee

Can you please send me some additional information so we can investigate further?

1. Can you send me the install log?

Go to start, click run:
-----From command line type %temp%
-----Then look for file agnc_vpn.log

2.  Please check Event Viewer to see if you are seeing any errors that coincide with the time the AT&T Client crashes

Go to start, control Panel, Administrative tools,  Event Viewer.
On the left you should see Windows logs.  Please expand and look through the Application and Sytem logs for any errors
that happened around the same time you tried to launch the AT&T Global Network Client.

3. Please send a screenshot of your adapters in device manger.

Click on Start-> Control Panel-> System
Select the hardware tab and then device manager.
At the top, click on VIEW and select "show hidden devices". 
Expand or ‘open’ Network Adapters

Message 13 of 13
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Check out our AT&T Business Instagram page by visiting us HERE. Don’t forget to follow for updates and insights!

Additional Support