Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Issues with v8 under Win7 x64

Employee

Issues with v8 under Win7 x64

by jonesn » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:14 pm

Hi,
Using v8.0.0 of the netclient under Win 7 x64 I find that the GUI just freezes as soon as any button (such as connect) or menu item (such as to show detailed messages) is selected.

Using 8.0.3/4 the client appears to work fine, but unfortunately fails due to client version validation done server side (v8.0.0.8003 is the only v8 allowed)

Is the hang a known issue? This is the only app showing such a problem. All current windows update fixes are installed.
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (5)
Message 1 of 3
Employee

Re: Issues with v8 under Win7 x64

by jonesn » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:28 pm

Sorted now.

I originally installed 8.0.3, then when I hit the server/client validation issue I installed 8.0.0 thinking it would replace 8.0.0 (I'm used to linux/rpm where such validation, upgrading & specifying a downgrade is the norm ... and area I find windows serious lacking in)

I actually ended up with both 8.0.3 and 8.0.0 in add/remove progs. I removed each in turn, rebooted, then installed just 8.0.0

I was then able to connect ok.

Apologies for the false alarm, but perhaps there's a lurking install/upgrade/downgrade issue lurking.
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3
Employee

Re: Issues with v8 under Win7 x64

by obrion » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:26 am

That is actually a change I made in version 8.1 and later releases so the installation will not downgrade an existing installation (as it does not actually downgrade it installs both, as you noted).

Robert
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Check out our AT&T Business Instagram page by visiting us HERE. Don’t forget to follow for updates and insights!

Additional Support