I originally installed 8.0.3, then when I hit the server/client validation issue I installed 8.0.0 thinking it would replace 8.0.0 (I'm used to linux/rpm where such validation, upgrading & specifying a downgrade is the norm ... and area I find windows serious lacking in)
I actually ended up with both 8.0.3 and 8.0.0 in add/remove progs. I removed each in turn, rebooted, then installed just 8.0.0
I was then able to connect ok.
Apologies for the false alarm, but perhaps there's a lurking install/upgrade/downgrade issue lurking.
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.