Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Installing VPN client 9.9.1.222 causes internet loss

Contributor

Installing VPN client 9.9.1.222 causes internet loss

I have a Windows 10 computer that I connect to a corporate network with the AT&T VPN client.  I used version 9.6.0.3002 for a couple years without any issue whatsoever.

I updated to AT&T vpn client v.9.9.1.222 earlier this month, and it seemed okay at the time.  But as soon as I rebooted the computer that the vpn software was installed on, I completely lost the ability to connect to the internet.  When I ran ipconfig /all no adapters showed up.  I could see my router and connect to it, but I was connected with no internet access.  I even hardwired the computer to the router (bypassing wireless) and could not connect.

I did a system restore to the point before I updated the vpn software, and everything worked again-I could reboot all I wanted and there were no issues.  I few days later I updated the vpn software again, and just like before it worked just fine until I rebooted.  Then I had the same no internet issue until I restored the system back to the 9.6.0.3002 version.  Then all was well.

What about the 9.9.1.222 version would cause the computer to completely lose internet access after rebooting?

Message 1 of 2
Administrator

Re: Installing VPN client 9.9.1.222 causes internet loss

Hello @MikeCh

Thank you for reaching out on our Business Community.  I will be happy to get you some help and have someone look into this.  Please private message me by clicking here the following information, so I can further assist you.

Contact Name:

Contact Number:

Contact Email:

Account Details:

Thank you.

Chris

Social Media Manager

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Check out our AT&T Business Instagram page by visiting us HERE. Don’t forget to follow for updates and insights!

Additional Support