Need to get in touch with a Sales Representative? Talk to a Business Expert HERE .
NancyKnows's profile
Employee

Employee

• 

547 Messages

Monday, April 4th, 2011 7:41 PM

Install problem with database

by FrancisRuest » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:58 pm

I just loaded the AT&T Global Network Client V 16-0-0-328 and every time I try to open it, it gives me the following error:
---------------------------
AT&T Global Network Client
A problem with the database files has been detected. Details of the problem have been logged. Automatic error recovery will be attempted the next time you run this program.
OK

Unable to correct it.
What do I need to do?
Thanks
Francis Ruest
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Employee

• 

547 Messages

13 years ago

by obrion » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:33 pm

Francis,

Try uninstalling the client and selecting the "Remove all user settings" option. This will make sure all the database files are removed and should give you a clean start.

Robert

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Nancy, thanks that solved this issue I had with AT&T Net client Version 9.9.0.175 on Windows 10.  I'm running Windows 10 64 bit Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.407) I tried deleted that data directory under

C:\Program Files (x86)\AT&T Global Network Client

and that did not work and I also tried deleting this folder

C:\Users\ AppData\Local\AT&T\NetClient.exe_Url_zq3jldk41yqelywmjnhzd3iol0534vif\9.9.0.175

and that did not work.

None of those worked

The only thing that solved the issue for me was uninstalling and selecting the last option to remove all data for all users (required a reboot) and then re-installing.

The error I was getting upon shutting down AT&T Net Client as this pop-up which took me 3 times to get rid of by hitting the OK button.  I managed to put in a screenshot.

"A problem with the database files has been detected.  Details of the problem have been logged.  Automatic error recovery will be attempted the next time you run this program.

AT&T Net Client Database Error.jpg

Also this happened after I upgraded from a prior version of AT&T Net Client.  The upgrade un-installed the prior version and then installed the current version. I've done about 5 upgraded on this PC before over the years and never had a problem.  This was the 1st time this ever happened to me.

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I have same issue

Administrator

• 

26.2K Messages

5 years ago

Hello @PierGae,

Thank you for your recent posting. We appreciate your participation within the Business Community. I'm sorry to read about the issues with your install. For further assistance please give the team a call at 1-800-727-2222 option 3 then 1 For links to AGNC Admin and User guides see https://soc.att.com/33xK6mp If you need further assistance. Please send me a private message by clicking here (https://soc.att.com/2LXq6TG) and be sure to include the following details so I can help:

Business Name:

Account Details:

Contact Name:

Contact Number:

Email Address:

Thank you,

Lisa

Social Media Manager

Not finding what you're looking for?