Need to get in touch with a Sales Representative? Talk to a Business Expert HERE .
seeky123's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Monday, November 4th, 2019 1:41 AM

Field 'VPN Client ID' is missing in the new AT&T Global Network Client

I use the AT&T Global Network Client version 9.3.2.3001 on my Windows 7. But now I've to migrate to Windows 10 and therefore I need a new client. Therefore I just installed the AT&T Global Network Client version 9.9.1.222. But in this new client I can't anymore configure the 'VPN Client ID'.

In the old client (version 9.3.2.3001) I configured:

Tab 'General'
  New...

Profile Name: My_Company

(O) Use default settings
    Next

Account: USZWRCDO
     User ID: JV5325
      Advanced Login Properties...
       (O) Default (recommended)
        Next
         (O) Use default network settings
          Next
            Next
              Next
               (O) No, do not automatically start the program
                Finish
                 Next
                  (O) Default (recommended)
                   Finish
  Configure... (at 'Network Services')
   (O) Use the following manual settings
    VPN Client ID: 9634-5137
    VPN user name: jv5325
     Next
      Finish

After that configuration in the section 'Network Services' the following line was displayed:
 Network Service: Customer-direct VPN service

In the new client (version 9.9.1.222) I can't find the field 'VPN Client ID' anymore.
Does anyone know how to configure this in the new client?

Any help is very appreciated.

Thanks and regards

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Administrator

• 

26.2K Messages

4 years ago

Hello seeky123,

Thank you for those details. You will need to call into the support number we provided you for further assistance. You can also find self service support here: https://soc.att.com/2C7oocD .

If you’re international please go here: https://soc.att.com/2WDUohW

Here’s another helpful link for instructions for the latest client version for install: https://soc.att.com/2oMjcb5

Let us know if you need us to bridge you in with the support number. We will need you to private message us your full name and contact information at: https://soc.att.com/2Neprxx.

Thank you,

Laura G.

Business Social Media Manager

Administrator

• 

26.2K Messages

4 years ago

Hello @seeky123,

Thank you for reaching out on our Business Forum. Please contact the AT&T Global Network Client number at 800-727-2222 for assistance.

Thank you,

Melissa

Social Media Manager

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Hello Melissa

Many thanks for your prompt reply and the support number, but I'm not an US citizen.

As written, I just miss in the new client (any client (after version 9.5.1) which is running under Windows 10) the field 'VPN Client ID' where I can configure the 8 digit numbers which I have for the different sites.

Where can I configure these numbers in the new client?

Many thanks

seeky123

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Hello Laura

Thanks again for this prompt reply, for all the links and the AT&T worldwide customer service phone numbers.

But why is there such a secret about the field "VPN Client ID"?

Why do I have to call a service phone number and to explain everything again?

Why don't you just tell me where to configure the VPN client IDs in the new client version?

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I'm just wondering.

Many thanks and regards

seeky123

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

I just called the AT&T worldwide customer service team and the answer was very disappointing: "If the 'VPN Client ID' field is no longer there in the new client version, then it seems that it can no longer be configured. Please contact your service provider".

Great, that was a very qualified answer.

Administrator

• 

26.2K Messages

4 years ago

Hello seeky123,

Thank you for reaching out to us here within the business community. I am sorry abot this experience.

I will need to gather some information. Please send me a private message by clicking here:

Please include the following details:   

Full Name:

Business Name on Account:

Address:

Phone number associated with the account:

Preferred Contact #:

Email address:

Thank you,
Kathy V.
Social Media Manager

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Like already written, in all new client versions (since 9.6.1) which are running under Windows 10 the window 'VPN Clinet ID' is missing (see screen shots from client version 9.3.2 below):

Screen Shots.jpg

If you click 'Configure...' only the window 'User ID' is shown.

Does anyone know where the profile configurations are stored?

Maybe just the configuration window 'VPN Clinet ID' is missing and the VPN client ID still can be configured in the configuration file.

Many thanks and regards

seeky123

1 Attachment

Administrator

• 

26.2K Messages

4 years ago

Hello @seeky123,

Thank you for your recent posting. We appreciate your participation within the Business Community. I'm sorry to read about the issues with your service. For further support 1- 800-727-2222 option 3 then 1 For links to AGNC Admin and User guides see https://soc.att.com/33xK6mp

Thank you,

Lisa

Social Media Manager

Not finding what you're looking for?