Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Error 243 SSL protocol negotiation failed for certain account

Contributor

Error 243 SSL protocol negotiation failed for certain account

I tried to connect to VPN servers via AGN client. However, all the VPN servers assigned to my account/userid did not work, and I always met "Error 243 SSL protocol negotiation failed" since last week. Before that, my connection was well, and I did nothing to any of the configuration of my computer, network and AGN client.

One of my friends tried his account/userid on my computer, it went well. The only difference  was his account/userid was HHKK/HD016985, but mine is HKUS/HU999360.  The successful connecting of his account identified that there was nothing wrong with the network, and my ISP. Please help to check what happened to my account/userid and the VPN servers assigned to me as following.

1) 129.42.208.235 SSL H=0x54 P=0x07 AGN SIG AGNS AGN Managed
2) 129.42.208.250 SSL H=0x54 P=0x07 AGN SIG AGNS AGN Managed
3) 129.42.208.248 SSL H=0x54 P=0x07 AGN SIG AGNS AGN Managed
4) 129.42.208.237 SSL H=0x54 P=0x07 AGN SIG AGNS AGN Managed

Attached is the log file for your reference. Thanks

Message 1 of 25
Employee

Re: Error 243 SSL protocol negotiation failed for certain account

I see in the logs that you are trying to connect SSL.   Can you please switch to IPSec and try the connection again?

I would like to see if IPSec connections are working.

Open the AT&T Global Network Client, click on Settings and then Login Properties.  On the General tab under Network Services click on Configure and click Next until you get to the Network Screen.  In the drop down box switch from SSL to IPSec and try the connection again.  

Please let me know if you get an error with IPSec.

Thank you.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Tags (2)
Message 2 of 25
Contributor

The attached is the log for IPSec. My account HKUS.HU999360 failed to work yet.

My friend also tried his account HHKK.HD919648 on IPSec on my computer, his account worked well.

So, there is no problem about my home network and ISP. Something must be wrong at the server side or the VPN assignment for my account. Please help to check. 

Message 3 of 25
Employee
Solution
Accepted by Anonymous
Accepted by Anonymous
‎08-26-2015 1:25 AM

We found a configuration issue on your ID.     It has been corrected.  Please try the connection again and let me know if you see any errors.

Thank you.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 25
Contributor

Great. Now I can access VPN servers. Thank you very much.

Message 5 of 25
Contributor

I tried to connect to VPN servers via AT&T client. However, all the VPN servers assigned to my account/userid did not work, and I always met "Error 243 SSL protocol negotiation failed" since last week and I observed this after moving to Win7 from Win XP.

All of friends are able to connect with out any issues. Please let me know how do I correct configuration issue as you did for one of the posting here. Please let me know.

Message 6 of 25
Employee

Please attach the support logs to this post.

Open the AT&T Global Network Client, click Help and select Create Support Log.

Thank you.

Message 7 of 25
Contributor

Hi I am an employee of IBM India and now in Belgium, there are two more IBM India employees with me and rest of the team is from belgium. Since I have migrated to windows7 my I am not able to connect AT&T VPN getting attached error and it happens only when I try to connect from client internet connection. Only we three are facing this issue rest of the team is able to connect with client internet and with windows7. We tried very hard but no sucess.

I am attaching here long file you will fine there are some sucessfull connection which is using my home internet connectiona and some failed connection which I tried with client internet connection.

AT&T Version 8.2.0.3003

Account/User ID =[edited for privacy]

Please help

Moderator: Your post has been edited due to personal information. Please follow all guidelines when participating in the Business Community. The Community Guidelines can be found HERE.

Message 8 of 25
Scholar

Hello, it looks like something may be blocking VPN access.  In AGNC check to see if Use Ephemeral source ports for IPSec is checked on.  You can do this by clicking on Settings, Login Properties, Preferences Tab.  Then click on Override defaults and scrool down to VPN details section, and ensure this is checked on. Exit AGNC and launch and try again. 

Also, below is a link to the admin document which  lists in "Appendix C" on the requirements for the local Firewall/Network to allow VPN traffic.  You may need to check with the loca IT Staff to ensure this is allowed.

http://www.corp.att.com/agnc/windows/documentation/adminguide.pdf

Thank You

Message 9 of 25
Contributor

Hi, I started getting the 243 SSL Protocol Negotiation Failed message two weeks ago when trying to connect from a client site that uses a proxy server.  I don't believe I changed anything, worked on a Friday, not on Monday.   HTTP and HTTPS are both pointed at the same proxy ports.   Works fine from locations that are not behind a proxy.

Message 10 of 25
Employee

If it was previously working from that location and you didn't change anything, maybe something at the client site changed.

Can you ask the Proxy Administrator at that location to check their logs to see what is happening to your connection?

Message 11 of 25
Contributor

I can ask.  I'm at a customer location so have limited access to the administrators.  fwiw, there are other users of AGNC at the same location who are having no issues getting through the same proxy and a few who are getting the 243 error.

Thanks.

Message 12 of 25

Re: Error 243 SSL protocol negotiation failed

I am trying to connect AT&T but getting error "!Error 243 SSL protocol negotiation failed."

I  switch to IPSec also but it doesn't work

Here is my System log detail.

Could you please help

Thx.

A Tiwari.

Message 13 of 25

Can you please help me to get resolve the issue :

I am not able to connect to At&T network at client place some setting is being missing .

It's being working fine for my other colligue so it's not related to client network issue ,

I switch to IPSecfrom SSL doesn;t help

Pls find enclosed the log

Thanks

A Tiwati

Message 14 of 25
Contributor

Hi,

I'm an employee of IBM India and located in City of Kolkata. I used to connect through AT&T vpn client to my company network Tata Teleservices broadband connection. Since last Saturday I started getting "243 SSL Protocol Negotiation Failed". I have retried after resetting my ADSL modem however the problem is consistently appearing and unable to connect to my organization's network. However, when I connect using my mobile phone (Samsung Galaxy S4) as a hotspot, I'm not getting the error and can connect successfully. Can you please help resolve my problem? Thanks in advance. Attached the support log.

Message 15 of 25
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Traveling abroad? Everything AT&T Business customers need to know about International travel and plans is right here. Click Here for the details.

Additional Support