Need to get in touch with a Sales Representative? Talk to a Business Expert HERE .
Kenny1's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Monday, November 3rd, 2014 6:19 PM

Closed

Error 229 - Time out due to firewall

I updated my VPN client this morning. I was on version 8.x.x and kept getting frequent drop-outs. I downloaded version 9.5.1.3 and I can no longer connect via VPN. The error I'm getting is 229 and the error message is "The connection timed out waiting for the VPN server to respond. This can occur if your computer is behind a firewall that does not permit UDP or IPSec traffic. Contact your local network administrator for assistance. (229)"

It can't be a firewall problem because I can access the Internet with all my devices just fine and I was connected via VPN earlier this morning before upgrading. Whenever I've connected before, the VPN program always failed to connect to the first server it would try and would then connect to a second server. That's not happening now. Any ideas?

Employee

• 

587 Messages

9 years ago

Can you please attach the support logs?   Open the AT&T Global Network Client , click on Help and Create support .

Please attach the full zip file.

Thank you.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

OK, here you go. 

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

So, my boss seems to think the problem is my profile doesn't exist anymore? What do I have to do when setting up a new one?

Employee

• 

587 Messages

9 years ago

HI,

I noticed you are conencting with account  USSSONGA.  Is this the account you always connect with?

Can you test using account USAGNCSO and see if the error still occurs?

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

USSONGA is the one everyone on my team uses. I never took notice before today. 

I tried USAGNCSO  and I'm getting the same error. 

Employee

• 

587 Messages

9 years ago

Can you create the logs again and attach them.  I would like to see the connection details with the USAGNCSO account as well.

Thank you.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

So, this is pretty weird....

I pulled out a very old laptop I have and found the account on there. The account the old laptop used is USAGNITS. I tried that account and got in successfully. I have no idea why that worked, but it did. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Where to find those account details ??

Thank you

Amol

Not finding what you're looking for?