Explore & discover

Helpful Links

CPU usage NetClientSvc.exe

Contributor

CPU usage NetClientSvc.exe

Dear Support Team,

on several fresh installed Win10 devices we recognized 12-25% CPU usage from the NetClientSvc.exe . The AT&T Network client is NOT in use, only installed. Issue occurs 5-15 minutes after the login without opening any applications. Its reproduce able on several devices. CPU usage is the same after opening and closing the ATT Networkclient. I tested with version 9.8.1 and 9.8.3. Any idea is welcome.

Message 1 of 11
Employee

Re: CPU usage NetClientSvc.exe

Hello,

Can you please upload the support logs from one of the machines affected so we can review?

Open the AT&T Global Network Client, click on Help and Create Support Log.

Select Upload, fill out the form and submit.  You can use "forum" for ticket number.

Have you tried stopping the NetClientSvc.exe?  

Thank you.

Thank you.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 11

Hi, the same situation  here (version 9.8.1). once the NetClientSvc.exe is killed and after it is restarted (when launching the AT&T Global Network Client) the CPU usage is no longer at 20% level, for a short periode then it revert at 20% level ...

BTW due to network restriction i can't send a "Support Log" otherwise than by mail.

Message 3 of 11
Employee

Hello,

I have sent you a private message on where you can email the logs.

Thank you.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 11

Hello,

I sent you 3 support logs from 3 differents PC where the issue occure. I hope it'll help you to find the root cause.

Message 5 of 11
Employee

Yes, we have received them and are reviewing.

Thank you.

Message 6 of 11
Contributor

Hi,

Is there any solution for that?

I have the same issue on Windows 10 and AT&T Global Network Client v 9.8.3

I have 16-20% processor usage when I'm not connected to VPN.

Dominik

Message 7 of 11

Hi,

No solution provide by AT&T so far.

Then i just found a workaround : change the start type of the AT&T services to "manual". It did'nt prevent to use it, as the services are run when you launch the GUI, but they are not always load with the CPU usage "bug".

Here is a PowerShell command to automatize the deploiement :

Set-Service -Name "netcfgsvr" -StartupType "manual"

Set-Service -Name "NetClientSvc" -StartupType "manual"

Set-Service -Name "NetLogSvc" -StartupType "manual"

Set-Service -Name "NetAutoconnectFocusSvc" -StartupType "manual"

But I'm still waiting for a solution from AT&T ...

Aymeric.

Message 8 of 11
Contributor

I did the same in meantime.

Thanks!

Dominik

Message 9 of 11

Hello, have you got any new informations regarding this issue ?

For information i got it in another computer of another type (DELL 5480) since 2 days.

I'll send you the logs of this PC by mail.

Message 10 of 11

Hello,

the issue is still there with AGNC version 9.8.3.3003. I try the latest version 9.9.0.175 and the issue is not there anymore.

I would expect that you inform us in this post that the issue has been corrected in the last version of AGNC, instead of discover it by myself ...

Message 11 of 11
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Check out our AT&T Business Instagram page by visiting us HERE. Don’t forget to follow for updates and insights!

Additional Support