Need to get in touch with a Sales Representative? Talk to a Business Expert HERE .
lambu's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Thursday, December 29th, 2011 9:27 AM

Bluescreen on WIn7 SP1 caused by AGNFILT.sys

Sometimes resuming my ThinkPad T400 with Win7 + SP1 from hibernated state it goes on bluescreen error.

The error is caused by a fault of AGNFILT.SYS.

I'm an IBM employee and the last AT&T Client available for use in EMEA is 8.2.0.3003 version.

I attache the last minidump automatically generated in c:\WINDOWS\MINIDUMP.

Please help me.

thanks

2 Attachments

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

anyone could help me ?

thanks

Teacher

• 

35 Messages

12 years ago

Are you seeing this at one specific location - say your home?  And is that location behind a linksys router?

I replaced my linksys with a different brand (belkin) and the BSODs went away

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

I don't believe the problem in my situation is due by the router because I've tried with two different Netgear router and the error sometimes occurred.

The problem can occurr also when I use the embedded UMTS/HDSPA modem.

No problem occurred with previous old version 7 by using the same modems or routers

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

We have had a significant # of BSOD (bluescreen) issues on WIn7 SP1 (64bit) machines.  We were using the 8.5 client and saw a large majority of our BSOD dumps referenced the AGN file.  Just this week we began upgrading people to the latest 8.9 client -- and at least so far, no bluescreens.  Will know more after a week or so.

Teacher

• 

35 Messages

12 years ago

I had bsods with 8.9 as well, till I dumped the linksys and bought that belkin.

You might try to move to a different wifi that is != linksys or netgear and see if that helps?

Though, it'd be lovely if ATT actually finds whatever bug this is and fixes it already.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Hi,

IBM employee in the US.  Same problem here.  Weekly Blue Screens using the ATT client.   Wifi WPA2 behind linksys wrt160N, Thinkpat T61 (which I believe uses an intel wifi chip).

Here's a copy of the latest minidump.  Any help is appreciated since this comes at very inopportune times.  Thanks.

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

I have the same issue, though with a different laptop.  (I gave up on the Lenovo brand and switched to Dell, but am using the IBM Win7 64bit corporate image -- not a fan of Dell, but at least it works and the price was right, since it was out of pocket $).

Machine works well except for one issue:  AT&T Network Client

• The Client locks up 90% of the time after resuming from standby and hibernate modes -- forces process kill + restart of Client.  Reboot not needed.
  • Occasionally BSODs rather than locking up. 
  • Never BSODs or has other issues if I remember to close the Client prior to entering standby and hibernate modes and starting it after resuming
  • Wireless connection doesn't matter -- happens at client, hotel, IBM office (LEAP), netgear home router using stock and dd-wrt firmware... I seriously doubt this is connection specific, but rather an AGNFILT.SYS issue

Here is a DMP or a recent crash after resuming from sleep mode (the laptop -- not me, though the coffee helped me and not the Client).  Hope it helps improve the Client.

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

For what it is worth my wife and I both work for IBM, I have the Win 7 64 bit client and regularly receive agnfilt.sys BSOD, she runs the Win 7 32 bit client and has never had a BSOD.

So seems like it could be a problem specific to the IBM Win 7 64 bit client.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

There seems to be only one AT&T employee, Nancy Thornton, who frequents this forum.  I had offered ni another thread to send her a dump of this problem. Unfortunately, she seems not to have logged in for about the last four weeks (according to her forum statistics). 

I agree that this seems limited to the 64 bit client. It clearly is NOT related to wireless, since I have the same problem on a d win 7 64 bit desktop with no wireless driver.  There's clearly some timing problem (probably involving a stale pointer) relating to resuming from sleep.

Employee

• 

25 Messages

12 years ago

In order to get to the root cause, we have been hoping to recreate this problem in house, to troubleshoot in detail.  We have analyzed all the crash dump files, but they are not completely useful.  We've even obtained the same routers and similar laptops to try to recreate.

As a next step, still in hopes we can recreate and troubleshoot in detail in house, we'd like to ask for support log files, to see if there is some configuration difference in our testing.   

On the client please select "Help->Contact Customer Support->Create Support Log" or "Help->Create support log" and attach the associated log files for us.

Also, if people can report back on a couple of questions in regards to the blue screen in case we still cannot recreate in house

1) how often you receive the problem ( daily, weekly, etc.) ?  

2) Does it only occur when 2 VPN connections are active through the home router ?  (ie spouse is also VPN connected, or VPN connected from 2 PCs )

3) As someone alluded to, does it only occur when you quickly hit the connect button when coming out of low power state

?

4) Are you using a persistent connection connection sequence ?  This is a mode where the client automatically connects most of the time, you do not typically have to hit the connect button.

5) Any other patterns you happen to notice.

thank you,

Mike

Employee

• 

25 Messages

12 years ago

Another question , if answer is known, does it occur when resuming from sleep and hibernate, or only one ?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

Here my responses:

1) very randomly. sometimes 1 per week, sometimes 1 per months

2) no other VPN active

3,4) I'm using a persistent connection, so AT&T automatically connect to VPN

5) HIBERNATE

Employee

• 

25 Messages

12 years ago

We also have another request.  The next time anyone receives the issue could they please take the following steps:

1) After rebooting as a result of the bsod, start the client and go to "Help->Contact customer support->Create Support Log" or "Help->Create Support Log".

2) Attach resulting logs to this forum.

thank you,

Mike

Employee

• 

25 Messages

12 years ago

We believe we have fixed the Bluescreen that most users of this forum are reporting.  The fix is included in version 8.11 of the AT&T Global Network Client.  

The only way we were able to recreate(with 8.10 and older) was as follows:

* Connect with the SSL-T service.  (Managed VPN SSL or Managed VPN SSL dual access)

* Hibernate or suspend PC.

* Wait some amount of time, we don't have precise findings on whether an exact time has an impact, it doesn't appear to matter.

* Resume the PC.

* Attempt to connect with the IPSec service.   (Managed VPN IPSec or Managed VPN IPSec dual access ).  While connecting the bsod would occur.

* If we keep the service the same(ie SSL only, or IPSec only with no SSL failover), we do not see the problem.

Most users are configured with IPSec as their primary service with SSL failover.  So, basically this might happen if you for some reason an IPSec connection was unsuccessful and the client failed over to SSL.  When the PC is resumed(maybe at a new location) IPSec is no longer blocked and therefore IPSec is used for the connection.

If this only started occurring after purchasing a new home router, it could be that this router is not as compatible with the IPSec protocol as your last home router and therefore sometimes fails over to SSL.

If you must remain on a pre 8.11 client version, the recommended workaround is to manually modify your service to Managed VPN SSL or Managed VPN SSL dual access.  Remember to go back and re-select "default" service when you have upgraded to 8.11.

Not finding what you're looking for?