Need to get in touch with a Sales Representative? Talk to a Business Expert HERE .
NancyKnows's profile
Employee

Employee

• 

547 Messages

Wednesday, March 30th, 2011 7:46 PM

Blue screen error with AGNFILT.SYS driver error

by giona87 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:20 am

Hello,
every days (some time for day) my PC turn off whit a Blue screen error reported AGNFILT.SYS driver error (like of the photo attached)
I think there is some conflict but i'm not able to found..
i attach my dump memory here , could you please help me in order to solve this issue?
Thanks !
Nadia
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

3 Attachments

Employee

• 

547 Messages

13 years ago

by Mike L » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:24 pm

Hi,

The minidump file posted seems to be corrupted, we cannot view it. Can you try re-uploading and attaching some of the other minidump files that have been generated ?

thank you,
Mike

Employee

• 

547 Messages

13 years ago

by giona87 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:01 pm

Thanks Mike, i inserted two post for the same argument because i don't know what was the right view to proceed .. in any case if you agree we we can continue to discuss about this issue only in this post and leave the other one.
Dump previous attached was taken from C:\WINDOWS\MINIDUMP .. i try again with another one lfrom the same day et me if you are able to open this one

Thanks again and apologie for the confusion Nadia

1 Attachment

Employee

• 

547 Messages

13 years ago

by Mike L » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:05 am

Nadia,

I received the files you sent me via e-mail, but they are still being reported as corrupted. Can you try e-mailing it without putting it in a .zip file ?

thank you,
Mike

Employee

• 

547 Messages

13 years ago

by giona87 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:54 am

Mike,
i didn't send to you (via mail) zip file but DMP file copied directly from ...\minidump directory i can try to send to you again dum from another days ..

Employee

• 

547 Messages

13 years ago

by Mike L » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:01 am

Sorry, correct they were .dmp files. We've tried to open all 3 and WinDbg is still returning an error that files are "corrupt or unreadable". We have not seen this. Possible cause would be the way the dump files are being created not being compatible with WinDbg. It might occur if there was not enough space on the PC, but this is just a minidump, so probably not the case.

Without being able to read the crash dump file, we really cannot analyze the root issue. Other ideas here...

Is this occurring on multiple PCs ? If so, can we get minidump files from some of these other PCs.

If we are just trying to workaround this one single incident and cannot troubleshoot, can you try with a newer AGN client version, 8.1 beta ?

thanks,
Mike

Employee

• 

547 Messages

13 years ago

by giona87 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:31 am

Hi Mike,

sorry for so late answer .. i was overload with work ..

I had the same problem with pervious PC (DELL 610) due we thinking that the problem was related to the hardware of that PC (very hold) we decided to buy a new PC (in feburary 2010 another DELL but new ) unfortunately aslo on this new one i encuntered the same problem .. so i'm tinking that should be not a hardware problem.

I have a lot of spaces on this new PC so i don't undestand why minidump is unreadable ... in any case i'm going to attach new dum of this morning few minutes ago.

I have tried any possible workarroud.. also installed new and hold version of AGN Client .., for your information i working from home using a wirless router Belking , Windows XP professional 2002 Service pack 3 and AGN Client 7.1.0.3001 on a Dell Latitude E6400 i don't know if this coudl be an help

Thanks Nadia

1 Attachment

Employee

• 

547 Messages

13 years ago

by Mike L » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:03 am

Unfortunately, this minidump file is still unreadable via WinDbg. Maybe we could try to have your system generate a kernel memory dump instead of just a minidump as follows:

1) Go to Control Panel->System->Advanced->Startup and Recovery->Settings
2) Under "Write Debugging Information", select "Kernel memory dump"
3) Recreate the problem
4) Upload the resulting c:\windows\memory.dmp file to our ftp site, I will send separate private message

thanks,
Mike

Employee

• 

547 Messages

13 years ago

by giona87 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:49 pm

Mike,

thanks .. i have changed the setup as you described below it was not selected "Kernel memory dump" so may be the problem on minidump now is solved...

I have no idea how create the error... it's so much random .. sometime it appears early in the morning (this morning) just started the pc .. sometime late in the afternoon .. and sometime i working entire day without have it :)....

Just i will have new dump file i will send to you ! ...

Thank you so much for your help ..i much appreciated it !!!!

Nadia

Employee

• 

547 Messages

13 years ago

by giona87 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:49 pm

Mike,

thanks .. i have changed the setup as you described below it was not selected "Kernel memory dump" so may be the problem on minidump now is solved...

I have no idea how create the error... it's so much random .. sometime it appears early in the morning (this morning) just started the pc .. sometime late in the afternoon .. and sometime i working entire day without have it :)....

Just i will have new dump file i will send to you ! ...

Thank you so much for your help ..i much appreciated it !!!!

Nadia

Employee

• 

547 Messages

13 years ago

by giona87 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:38 am

Hi Mike,

today i had again blue screen error, attached you can find today minidump created setup "Kernel memory dump" on my system, i found also a MEMORY.DMP file who is indicated as memory dump in the setting of startup, let me if you'll need it

Please tell me if you can read it .. i hope so !
Thanks
Nadia

1 Attachment

Employee

• 

547 Messages

13 years ago

by Mike L » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:02 am

Nadia,

Would it be possible to upgrade to 8.1 ?

ftp://ftp.attglobal.net/pub/client/win3 ... nc_vpn.msi

We can see if the problem has been addressed with the newer client. If the problem is still occurring with 8.1 we would then be working with drivers we can update in a current release. We cannot fix 7.1, as it is too old of a release.

Also, I would make sure your Netw5x32.sys ( Intel wireless driver ) is up to date, I see it in the call stack when the crash occurs.

thanks,
Mike

Employee

• 

547 Messages

13 years ago

by giona87 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:44 am

Hi Mike
i upgraded today my intel driver from version 12.2.0.11 to 12.4.4.5.

About the possibility to install version 8.1 i need to obtain some authorization to use new AGN Client version because in EMEA 7.1 it's the latest tested version so AT&T Emea policy do not permitt to install any succesive .

If you agree i would have a period of test with new intel driver may be this update will solve the issue (i hope so!) otherwiswe i will try to investigate how can get the authorization to install new version.

Thank you so much .. for yuou help till now !!!

Employee

• 

547 Messages

13 years ago

by giona87 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:43 am

Hi Mike,

upgrade of driver didn't solve the issue, i obtained today authorization from Emea ITO to install 8.1 Version.

I'll keep you posted about resoult.

Nadia

Employee

• 

547 Messages

13 years ago

by giona87 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:43 am

Hi Mike,

again me ....

Yesterday I installed 8.1 version on my PC .. and today ... buummmm blue screen error !!!

I attached to this post new minidump .. please let me know thanks

Nadia

1 Attachment

Employee

• 

547 Messages

13 years ago

by Mike L » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:26 am

Nadia,

Is it possible for you to test using your ethernet connection instead of the WiFi connection ? If so, could you do that for awhile and see whether the problem occurs in that case. I still think it is possible that the miniport driver for the WiFi interface might play a part in this issue.

Also, was a kernel memory dump generated at "c:\windows\memory.dmp" ? Let me know and I will send you a message for uploading that file, if you don't still have that ftp upload information. The minidump is not providing enough information to troubleshoot.

thank you,
Mike
Not finding what you're looking for?