Need to get in touch with a Sales Representative? Talk to a Business Expert HERE .
MorSo_Joe's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, January 17th, 2019 3:33 AM

After disconnect AT&T Dialer with taskkill command AGN Virtual Adapter keeps connected

We use AT&T dialer SSH, I believe our account does not allow IPSec.  So, to allow our jobs to run consecutively with jobs that use the dialer we have to use taskill to stop the dialer immediately before running our other jobs.  We use this command:

tasklist | find /i "NetClient.exe" && taskkill /im NetClient.exe /F || echo process "NetClient.exe" not running

This stops the dialer, but not AGN Virtual Adapter that stays connected and prevents Internet access.  I notice once the dialer process is killed and the AGN Virtual adapter stays active, if we start the dialer, allow it to begin to connect and immediately disconnect, the AGN adapter stops and Internet is restored.  How do we stop the AGN Virtual Adapter with a command.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Mentor

• 

30 Messages

5 years ago

Please do not use task kill to end the AT&T Global network Client session. Instead please use the command line to disconnect the VPN and close the AT&T Client down. The command line parameters can be found under the Help drop down menu.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I saw a post on how to solve this with netfw -firewall=off.

I could not get that to run the switch -firewall or any other switches in command prompt.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

The solution given worked fine.  My command line runs with your help menu's suggested switches.  Now entries in batch file look like this.

C:
IF exist "%ProgramFiles(x86)%" (CD "\Program Files (x86)\AT&T Global Network Client") ELSE (CD "\Program Files\AT&T Global Network Client")
netclient.exe -disconnectnow -exitnow
exit
Not finding what you're looking for?