Need to get in touch with a Sales Representative? Talk to a Business Expert HERE .
jsg221's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, September 18th, 2016 3:33 AM

AT&T Global Network Client won't start on Windows 8.1

I had version 9.6.0.3002 installed on my Windows 8.1 machine.  It used to work well, but as of yesterday it stopped opening when I double clicked on the icon.  I rebooted, I repaired the install.  Finally I removed it and installed the latest version, 9.7.1.3001.  Again, when I tried double clicking, it didn't start.  The task manager showed no processes running for it.  I right-clicked on it and had Windows try different settings, but nothing happened.

My system did install some Windows updates a couple of days ago, but I don't remember if I've used it successfully since then.

Scholar

• 

251 Messages

8 years ago

Hello, can  you please try the steps below and advise if this resolves your issue?

• 1.Close the client
  • 2.Go to client installation directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\AT&T Global Network Client\)
  • 3.Locate the “NetLPE.dll” file and rename it something else (i.e. NetLPE_O.dll or something)
  • 4.Start AGNC again

Thank You

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

I tried that and there was no change.  It still doesn't start.  I've removed the Windows security updates, and that didn't help either.

Scholar

• 

251 Messages

8 years ago

Hello, I will send you a private note so that we can obtain support logs along with a dump file.

Thank You

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Faced same issue on my machine.

Checked latest NetClient.log in C:\ProgramData\AGNS\NetClient.

Found following error:

InnerException: System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrors Exception: Root element is missing. (C:\Users\AppData\Local\AT&T\NetClient.exe_Url_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx\9.5.1.3002\user.config)

Solution:

1. Renamed the user.config file at the above location.

2. Retry opening the AT&T Global Network Client 

Not finding what you're looking for?