Need to get in touch with a Sales Representative? Talk to a Business Expert HERE .
EZERYDER's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, August 15th, 2015 5:05 PM

AT&T Global Network Client Problem in Windows 10

Cannot get AGNC to work with the new Windows 10. Had to roll back to Windows 7 and works fine. Is there a setting that has to be changed or does AGNC need to be fixed to work with Windows 10?

Scholar

• 

251 Messages

8 years ago

Hello, we have seen this on occasion in previous versions - usually indicates Windows installer issue.  You can try and perform a manual uninstall per the below, then reboot, turn off any Firewalls, and try installing again.  If it fails again can you please post the agnc_install.log file to this forum.  You can do this by going to start, run and type in %temp% and look for agnc_xxx.log

Manual Removal Steps

1. Navigate to START-> Control Panel-> Add or Remove Programs, select the AT&T Net Client. If present, highlight AT&T Global network client and click CHANGE. Select REMOVE and select the option to remove all user settings from this computer.

Reboot the workstation.

1. Click on Start-> Control Panel-> Network Connections.
    In the LAN or High-Speed Internet section find the entry for Local Area Connection.
    Right click on the entry and select “properties”.
    Scroll down the list of items in the “This connection uses the following items” section. Look for AGN Filter interface and AT&T Wi-Fi Support Driver
    If you see either highlight that entry and select uninstall.

Reboot the workstation if you had to uninstall either or both entries. Otherwise move on to step 3

3.Run the Microsoft Fix it tool

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/mats/program_install_and_uninstall

1. Click on Start-> Control Panel-> System
    Select the hardware tab and then device manager.
    At the top, click on VIEW and select "show hidden devices".
    Expand or ‘open’ Network Adapters and look for ‘AGN virtual network adapter’ or any AGN component listed.
    If either or both of these entries exist, right click on the entry and select ‘Uninstall’
    Reboot the workstation if either or both entries were uninstalled. Otherwise move on to step 5.
  2. Right click on START -> EXPLORE
    Click on the “Tools” drop down menu, and select “Folder Options”. This will bring up a widow with three (3) tabs. Click on the center tab titled 'View'. On the Advanced Settings list you will see an option titled 'Hidden Files and Folders' make sure that the 'Show Hidden Files and Folders' radio button is selected. Click on Apply in the bottom right hand corner and then OK.

Delete the directory C:\Program Files(x86)\AT&T Global Network Client

Delete the AGNS folder from C:\Documents and Settings\"logged in user name**"\Local Settings\Application Data\

** Logged in user name generally refers to the user name you log onto the windows desktop with

Please check each username defined under Documents and Settings for any instance of the AGNS folder including the “All Users” folder
*** We have found instances where AGNS existed under other computer names such as Administrator, so please ensure all AGNS folders have been deleted.

After this is completed close out Windows Explorer

1. Go to Start, run and type in regedit and click ok.
    Delete the following keys if present:

HKey Local Machine -] Software -] AGNS
HKey Local Machine -] System -] Current Control Set -] ENUM -] ROOT -] ATT_AGNFILTMP
HKey Local Machine -] System -] Current Control Set -] ENUM -] ROOT -] ATT_AVPNNIC
HKey Local Machine -] System -] Current Control Set -] Services -] agnfilt
HKey Local Machine -] System -] Current Control Set -] Services -] agnwif
HKey Local Machine -] System -] Current Control Set -] Services -] avpnnic
HKey Users - .Default -] Software -] AGNS
HKey Current User -] Software -] AGNS

*** If any registry key cannot be deleted, right click on the key and select permissions. Check the full control option under ALLOW then click OK. Retry deleting the registry key.

Close regedit

1. REBOOT your workstation.
  2. Install the AT&T Global Network Client

Thank You

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

Ckral:

Tried the steps you posted, to no avail - received the same service stop iphelper error. I've attached the .log file requested after install. Note also I see the this AGN client is tagged IBM - I work for IBM if you want to communicate through different channels.

Notes on the steps you posted:

1: There was no mention of of AT&T Net Client remaining int the Control Panel/Programs applet
2: The network adapter (Wireless in this case, as there is no physical adapter) did not have any remaining references to any AGN intermediate NDIS drivers
3: When I went to the Microsoft FixIt tool, the link you directed me to say it wasn't compatible with Windows 10. I looked around for a Windows 10 version, but was unable to find one.
3-1: There were no hidden AGN devices found in Device Manager
3-2-a: No directory - C:\Program Files(x86)\AT&T Global Network Client
3-2-b: You should update your instructions, For Windows 10 (as well as Windows 7 & 8), "Documents and Settings" has been moved to /Users. Also "Local Settings" No longer exists. None-the-less I did a global search for AGNS under /users/myusername for AGNS and nothing was found
4: Registry Editory
HKLM\Software\AGNS: Deleted this.
HKLM\System\CCS\Enum\Root\ATT*: Nothing existed
HKLM\System\CCS\Serivces: avpnnic existed, was deleted.
HKU\.Default\Software: Nothing existed
HKCU\Software\AGNS: Nothing existed

-john-

1 Attachment

Scholar

• 

251 Messages

8 years ago

Hello, the install log looks to be an older one as it references 9.3.2 and is dated early March.  Can you search for a newer install log and post? 

One other item you can try is once the Beta is saved on your PC, disconnect any Network connections - Wireless, Etherenet, disable any local Firewalls and try the install again.

Thank You

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

Sorry about the version mess up - I just saw AGN in %temp% and grabbed the first one that was seen - what I sent was detritus from trying to install a prior corporate version. I attached correct log this time.

I tried your recommendations of disconnecting wireless network and disabling firewall, but same error.

-john-

1 Attachment

Scholar

• 

251 Messages

8 years ago

Hello, not a problem thank you for the updated log.  There is indication that there may be an issue with the installscript engine on the machine.  Can you verify & run the agnc.exe file and not the MSI from the link below?

http://www.corp.att.com/agnc/windows/beta/

Thank You

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

I had be installing via the exe and not msi. I did check though and the agnc.exe that is on your website has been updated, so when I ran the newer version, it appears I got further, but still not to completion. The program recommended that I reboot the machine and try again, which I did, but to no avail. 

Logfile from this attempt attached.

-john-

1 Attachment

Scholar

• 

251 Messages

8 years ago

Hello, what you are seeing now is a known issue, and is being worked on by development and others to resolve. Thank You

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

Any ETA on when this fix might be expected?

Thanx!

-john-

Scholar

• 

251 Messages

8 years ago

Hello, there was an update to the Beta on Monday.  Can you download the EXE file and try again?  Please any un-install existing AGNC, reboot, and install.  If it fails please post error message and install log.

Thank You

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

CKral:

The last install I did which failed & I provided the log was on Tueday, so if the update was on Monday, I already used that executable, so still waiting for a fix.

-john0

Scholar

• 

251 Messages

8 years ago

Hello, your post with the latest install log file was 21st Monday evening US Central time zone. I was not sure when you actually grabbed the Beta as the update was done Monday afternoon sometime CST. Not sure on your time zone & if you may want to attempt again. To be sure and so that I have the latest install log file with the updated Beta if possible please download & install as mentioned. Thank You

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

Ckral:

OK, tried installing again. Note this was done on a new laptop with a new install of Windows 10 Pro. Failure appears to be in the same location. Log attached.

Thanx,

-john-

1 Attachment

Scholar

• 

251 Messages

8 years ago

Hello, I am going to send you a private message to contact me directly. We have something for you to try and I will provide details via email. Please contact me today if possible. Thank You

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I am wondering about this as well. I have not been able to use my laptop for the majority of work functions from outside the office. When I installed the AGNC, I can't connect to the internet in any way. It continously disconnects my network adapter. I've tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling several times.

Scholar

• 

251 Messages

8 years ago

Hello, it sounds like you have something else going on.  Can you please attach a support log to this post.  Go to help and create support log.

Thank You

Not finding what you're looking for?