Explore & discover

Helpful Links

AT&T Global Network Client 9.6.0.3002 Error 1603

Tutor

AT&T Global Network Client 9.6.0.3002 Error 1603

Hello, the installation fails and rolls back.

I have complete the steps below, but the problem not solved (in attach my installation_log).

Regards.

------------------------------------------------------------

Manual Removal Steps

1. Navigate to START-> Control Panel-> Add or Remove Programs, select the AT&T Net Client. If present, highlight AT&T Global network client and click CHANGE. Select REMOVE and select the option to remove all user settings from this computer.

Reboot the workstation.

2. Click on Start-> Control Panel-> Network Connections.
In the LAN or High-Speed Internet section find the entry for Local Area Connection.
Right click on the entry and select “properties”.
Scroll down the list of items in the “This connection uses the following items” section. Look for AGN Filter interface and AT&T Wi-Fi Support Driver
If you see either highlight that entry and select uninstall.

Reboot the workstation if you had to uninstall either or both entries. Otherwise move on to step 3

3.Run the Microsoft Fix it tool

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_​​and_Uninstall

4. Click on Start-> Control Panel-> System
Select the hardware tab and then device manager.
At the top, click on VIEW and select "show hidden devices".
Expand or ‘open’ Network Adapters and look for ‘AGN virtual network adapter’ or any AGN component listed.
If either or both of these entries exist, right click on the entry and select ‘Uninstall’
Reboot the workstation if either or both entries were uninstalled. Otherwise move on to step 5.

5. Right click on START -> EXPLORE
Click on the “Tools” drop down menu, and select “Folder Options”. This will bring up a widow with three (3) tabs. Click on the center tab titled 'View'. On the Advanced Settings list you will see an option titled 'Hidden Files and Folders' make sure that the 'Show Hidden Files and Folders' radio button is selected. Click on Apply in the bottom right hand corner and then OK.

Delete the directory C:\Program Files(x86)\AT&T Global Network Client

Delete the AGNS folder from C:\Documents and Settings\"logged in user name**"\Local Settings\Application Data\

** Logged in user name generally refers to the user name you log onto the windows desktop with

Please check each username defined under Documents and Settings for any instance of the AGNS folder including the “All Users” folder
*** We have found instances where AGNS existed under other computer names such as Administrator, so please ensure all AGNS folders have been deleted.

After this is completed close out Windows Explorer

6. Go to Start, run and type in regedit and click ok.
Delete the following keys if present:

HKey Local Machine -] Software -] AGNS
HKey Local Machine -] System -] Current Control Set -] ENUM -] ROOT -] ATT_AGNFILTMP
HKey Local Machine -] System -] Current Control Set -] ENUM -] ROOT -] ATT_AVPNNIC
HKey Local Machine -] System -] Current Control Set -] Services -] agnfilt
HKey Local Machine -] System -] Current Control Set -] Services -] agnwif
HKey Local Machine -] System -] Current Control Set -] Services -] avpnnic
HKey Users - .Default -] Software -] AGNS
HKey Current User -] Software -] AGNS

*** If any registry key cannot be deleted, right click on the key and select permissions. Check the full control option under ALLOW then click OK. Retry deleting the registry key.

Close regedit

7. REBOOT your workstation.

8. Disable your Security Suite/Firewall

8. Install the AT&T Global Network Client

9. Reboot and try AGNC.

Message 1 of 9
Employee

Re: AT&T Global Network Client 9.6.0.3002 Error 1603

Please disable your security software,   uninstall the AT&T Global Network Client if present,

reboot.    Then disable your security software again and install the AT&T Global Network Client.

Please let me know if it still fails.

Thank you.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 9
Employee

I noticed in the instructions that you may have already disabled your Security software and the installation still failed.

If so,  what security software are you using?  Version?

Can you please send me a screenshot of Device Manager?

Click on Start-> Control Panel-> System
Select the hardware tab and then device manager.
At the top, click on VIEW and select "show hidden devices". 
Expand or ‘open’ Network Adapters

Also, please check Event Viewer to see if there are any errors that coincide with the time this error occurs?

Go to start, control Panel, Administrative tools,  Event Viewer.
On the left you should see Windows logs.  Please expand and look through the Application and System logs for any errors that happened around the same time you tried to install the AT&T Global Network Client.

Thank you.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 9
Tutor

I Reboot PC, stopped the security software and i started Installation, the error is already present (see log in file "agnc_install.zip")

If so, what security software are you using? Version? (see file "Kaspersky Internet Security.jpg")

Can you please send me a screenshot of Device Manager? (see file "Screenshot of Device Manager.jpg")

Also, please check Event Viewer to see if there are any errors that coincide with the time this error occurs?

only 2 warning DNS in the installation windows (see file "Event Viewer.jpg")

Thanks a lot for your support.

Regards

Screenshot of Device Manager.jpg
Kaspersky Internet Security.jpg
Event Viewer.jpg
Message 4 of 9
Employee

We have seen this error in the past with Kaspersky installed.

Please uninstall  Kaspersky, reboot, Install the AT&T Global Network Client, reboot and then reinstall Kaspersky.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue.

Thank you.

Message 5 of 9
Tutor

OK

In this moment i'm not able to perform this test.

I Think is possible between 4-6 hous.

When i try this solution, i will provide the results

Regards

Message 6 of 9
Tutor

I have:

1) uninstall Kaspersky

2) reboot

3) Install the AT&T Global Network Client

The installation are completed whitout error.

Tommorrow I configure AT&T client e testing connection.

If all it'is OK, I reinstall Kaspersky and then testing connection with Kaspersky acivate.

Tomorrow I i will provide the results.

Thanks a lot.

Message 7 of 9
Tutor

Today I configured AT&T client e testing connection.

Ok connection by Wireless

Ok connection by cable

I reinstalled Kaspersky and reboot PC

With Kaspersky active the results are this:

Ok connection by Wireless

KO connection by cable --> PC crash with Blue Screen when starting AT&T Client

My priority is working by Wireless and with your support i'm able, but if it were possible I would like to solve the problem with cable....

Thanks a lot.

Regards

Message 8 of 9
Employee

Please recreate the crash and then send us the support logs.

Open the AT&T Global Network Client, click on Help and Create support log.

Attach the full zip file to this post.

Thank you.

Message 9 of 9
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Traveling abroad? Everything AT&T Business customers need to know about International travel and plans is right here. Click Here for the details.

Additional Support