Need to get in touch with a Sales Representative? Talk to a Business Expert HERE .
NancyKnows's profile
Employee

Employee

• 

547 Messages

Tuesday, April 5th, 2011 4:50 PM

AGNC V8.1.2 and Microsoft Virtual PC

by cjb3bhl » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:55 am

I have installed AGNC V8.1.2 on my laptop that also has Microsoft Virtual PC installed on it. In the "AGN Virtual Network Adapter", I unchecked the "Virtual Machine Services". This allows me to connect AT&T Network Client to my VPN server over a WiFi adapter.

However, if I start a virtual machine in Microsoft Virtual PC, the machine starts fine and the network works, but I get a "duplicate IP address" warning every so often. I investigated and found that the IP address assigned by the DHCP server was not duplicated. Then I tried unchecking the "AGN Filter Interface" entry in the WiFi adapter and reconnecting. This solved the "duplicate IP address" problem.

However, when I first boot my laptop, I have to check the "AGN Filter Interface" entry in the WiFi adapter in order to get AT&T Network Client to connect. Then I have to disconnect it and uncheck the "AGN Filter Interface" entry in the WiFi adapter and connect again. Then I can use my virtual machines without problems. This work around is a pain.

Please fix the AT&T Network Client so I can leave the "AGN Filter Interface" entry in the WiFi adapter checked and not get a "duplicate IP address" error in my virtual machines.

Thanks
*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
No Responses!
Not finding what you're looking for?