Need to get in touch with a Sales Representative? Talk to a Business Expert HERE .
tsk1's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, February 25th, 2015 5:31 PM

AGNC 9.6.0.3002 is crashing on Windows

Usually when I try to connect (but not every time) I get "the program has stopped working" from windows.  This is the error I see in the event viewer:

Faulting application name: NetClient.exe, version: 9.6.0.3002, time stamp: 0x54bd3e4a
Faulting module name: MSVCR100.dll, version: 10.0.40219.325, time stamp: 0x4df2be1e
Exception code: 0xc0000417
Fault offset: 0x0008af3e
Faulting process id: 0x57c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d0511b300019aa
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\AT&T Global Network Client\NetClient.exe
Faulting module path: C:\windows\system32\MSVCR100.dll
Report Id: 77e14f84-bd0e-11e4-9490-3c970e3ec9e7

I tried uninstalling, rebooting, then installing again, but it hasn't helped.

I had this problem a couple of weeks ago with 8.x.  I then installed this version and it has been working great up until today.

Accepted Solution

Employee

• 

587 Messages

9 years ago

I have reviewed the logs and it looks like the crash occurs right after it tries to log on to the VPN server.

Please open the AT&T Global Network Client, click on Settings and then Login Properties.  On the General tab under Network Services, please click configure and then Next until you get to the Account and UserID.  Please change the account from USAGNITS to USAGNCSO and click next until you get to finish.   Please test using USAGNCSO and let me know if still see the crashes.

Thank you.

Scholar

• 

251 Messages

9 years ago

Hello, we'd like to get a support log along with a dump file -

Can you now click on Help and Contact Customer Support, then click on detailed tracing.  This will create a dump file on the next crash.

Once a crash occurs,  upload the AGNC Suppport log to this post by going to Help, Create Support Log.

Thank You

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

I think I had detailed tracing turned on already, so hopefully these logs have what you need.  Let me know if it's not and I will reproduce the crash again.  Thanks.

1 Attachment

Scholar

• 

251 Messages

9 years ago

Hello, unfortunately the logs do not contain any dump files.  Once the issue happens again please post the support log.

Thank You

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

The problem hasn't occurred again, after happening many times in one day.  I'll post logs if it happens again.

Scholar

• 

251 Messages

9 years ago

Hello, glad to hear it is working for you.  Please keep us informed if the issue arises again.

Thank You

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

Hi ,

I am getting the same error.please let me know if you need any additional information.

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: NetClient.exe
Application Version: 9.6.0.3002
Application Timestamp: 54bd3e4a
Fault Module Name: StackHash_24d9
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16385
Fault Module Timestamp: 4a5bdb3b
Exception Code: c0000374
Exception Offset: 000cdcbb
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 24d9
Additional Information 2: 24d98bf8638106526896b885f9f2afa2
Additional Information 3: 796d
Additional Information 4: 796d24074fd91fb31bbe1ebc5ceb8640

thanks,

sai

Employee

• 

587 Messages

9 years ago

Hello,

Can you please attach the support logs to this post?  Open the AT&T Global Network Client, click on Help and Create support log.   Please attach the full zip file.

If the client crashes before you can create the support logs, please try accessing them through NetHelp.exe

Right click on Start and open Windows Explorer.
Go to  Computer -> System (C): -> Program Files -> AT&T Global Network Client -> NetHelp.exe

Open NetHelp.exe and click on Gather Logs

Thank you.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

Here is the log files 

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

thanks for the help . it got connected.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I have the exact same problem issue with MSVCR100.dll.  I have never had a problem until this morning.    I'm using my company account so the alternative account name mentioned in this note I trust won't work for me?  is there alternative solution to fix it?  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

same error here .. tried it on Win 7 system and on Win 8 .. both 64bit.

I cannot logon anymore via NetClient

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

same problem here.  My account is HHKK. Is there an alternative? Refer to my log file in the attachment

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

I have same issue today, and do some research have something to share:

after check with windows event viewer, seems NTDLL.DLL file cause the crash.

Luckly, I found yesterday night windows update push the kb3045999, NTDLL.DLL replaced in this update, please check the linkage https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3045999.

So, maybe the root reason is the windows update kb3045999, please at&t support team check and repair this issue quickly, thanks!

BR

Ming Ma

Employee

• 

587 Messages

9 years ago

The issue should be resolved.

Can you please try the connection again and let me know if you still see crashes?

Thank you.

Not finding what you're looking for?