Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 11, 2013
5:05:37 PM
View profile
setting up multiple MicroCells in one house with one router

I have a bit of a complicated set up at my house. In order to get a wifi network to cover my entire house I have had to use poweline adapters from my main router to extend the network wo the other end of my house where I have set up an accesspoint that covers the other side of my house. 

In all of the years I have had att I have never had service at my house so as soon as the mcell came out I got it. It works great if you are in really close proximity to it. So I would like to add another mcell to the other end of my house. 

My current set up is: the modem connected to my apple airport router and then to my mcell. Then I have a powerline adapter connected to my router than extends the network to the other end of my house where another powerline adapter is connected to my apple airport extreme which is set up as an access point. 

Is there any way to connect a second mcell to my apple airport router acting as an access point at the other end of my house?

I am also open to any other slution anyone has to setting up a second mcell. 

I have a bit of a complicated set up at my house. In order to get a wifi network to cover my entire house I have had to use poweline adapters from my main router to extend the network wo the other end of my house where I have set up an accesspoint that covers the other side of my house. 

In all of the years I have had att I have never had service at my house so as soon as the mcell came out I got it. It works great if you are in really close proximity to it. So I would like to add another mcell to the other end of my house. 

My current set up is: the modem connected to my apple airport router and then to my mcell. Then I have a powerline adapter connected to my router than extends the network to the other end of my house where another powerline adapter is connected to my apple airport extreme which is set up as an access point. 

Is there any way to connect a second mcell to my apple airport router acting as an access point at the other end of my house?

I am also open to any other slution anyone has to setting up a second mcell. 

setting up multiple MicroCells in one house with one router

70 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(70)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 10, 2014 1:52:16 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Yes, the second MicroCell. It might not be getting an ip address assigned to it.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

Yes, the second MicroCell. It might not be getting an ip address assigned to it.

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: setting up multiple MicroCells in one house with one router

31 of 71 (1,298 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 10, 2014 1:56:05 PM
(0)
Teacher

The only way I know how to check to see what is connected to a specific router is via airport utility - it shows the clients connected. 

The first router - the base station - doesnt even show the 1st mcell connected to it - yet it works perfectly fine. 

I dont know how to check to see if the second mcell has an IP address assigned...

The only way I know how to check to see what is connected to a specific router is via airport utility - it shows the clients connected. 

The first router - the base station - doesnt even show the 1st mcell connected to it - yet it works perfectly fine. 

I dont know how to check to see if the second mcell has an IP address assigned...

32 of 71 (1,298 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 10, 2014 3:58:55 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Do you have your 4 AC routers set up in roaming mode?

Specifically:

The AC that is your base station, is Connection Sharing set to "Share a public IP address"?

Do you have the other 3 AC's Connection Sharing set to "Off (Bridge Mode)?

Have you configured all 4 ACs to have the same Wireless Network Name, the same Wireless Security, the same Wireless Password?

Do you have your 4 AC routers set up in roaming mode?

Specifically:

The AC that is your base station, is Connection Sharing set to "Share a public IP address"?

Have you configured all 4 ACs to have the same Wireless Network Name, the same Wireless Security, the same Wireless Password?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

33 of 71 (1,286 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 10, 2014 4:51:51 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Launch Airport Utility 5.6 (I don't like 6.3.1). Hold down the Option button and double click on the Base Station. Then it's Advanced - > Logs and Statistics -> DHCP Clients. There you can find your devices by MAC address.

Launch Airport Utility 5.6 (I don't like 6.3.1). Hold down the Option button and double click on the Base Station. Then it's Advanced - > Logs and Statistics -> DHCP Clients. There you can find your devices by MAC address.

34 of 71 (1,282 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 12, 2014 2:13:47 PM
(0)
Teacher

Yes, the other 3 AC's are set to "Off (Bridge Mode)".

All 4 are set up with the same wireless network name, same wireless security and same password. 

It is one network. 

Yes, the other 3 AC's are set to "Off (Bridge Mode)".

All 4 are set up with the same wireless network name, same wireless security and same password. 

It is one network. 

35 of 71 (1,256 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 12, 2014 2:19:28 PM
(0)
Teacher
I have Airport Utility 6.3.1 installed.

When holding down Option and double clicking - it brings up a summary tab showing info - it shows "wireless clients" - there is an ipad connected and "HP3D225B" which I assume is my HP printer.

Those are the only 2 clients connected to the base station at this time. No sign of the 1st Mcell that works perfectly.

I have Airport Utility 6.3.1 installed.

When holding down Option and double clicking - it brings up a summary tab showing info - it shows "wireless clients" - there is an ipad connected and "HP3D225B" which I assume is my HP printer.

Those are the only 2 clients connected to the base station at this time. No sign of the 1st Mcell that works perfectly.

36 of 71 (1,257 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 12, 2014 2:37:24 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by OttoPylot on May 12, 2014 at 2:51:54 PM

That's one of the reasons I've stayed with Airport Utility 5.6. I haven't been able to find the DHCP client list in 6.3.1. I'll have to research that. I think the MAC address is listed as Ethernet ID if using a wired connection.

Hmmm, as a followup, it appears that the Logs and Statistics tab was removed in 6.x completely so it only displays the WiFi connected devices, not the wired ones. There is another utitlity called iNet that is supposed to work with the Apple routers and displays the name and other statistics of wired devices. I haven't used that utilty but may play around with it tonight. And if you are, or decide to, run Mavericks (10.9.x), Airport Utility 5.6 won't run under it without a special "launcher" to get it to work Smiley Sad

That's one of the reasons I've stayed with Airport Utility 5.6. I haven't been able to find the DHCP client list in 6.3.1. I'll have to research that. I think the MAC address is listed as Ethernet ID if using a wired connection.

Hmmm, as a followup, it appears that the Logs and Statistics tab was removed in 6.x completely so it only displays the WiFi connected devices, not the wired ones. There is another utitlity called iNet that is supposed to work with the Apple routers and displays the name and other statistics of wired devices. I haven't used that utilty but may play around with it tonight. And if you are, or decide to, run Mavericks (10.9.x), Airport Utility 5.6 won't run under it without a special "launcher" to get it to work Smiley Sad

[ Edited ]
37 of 71 (1,252 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 12, 2014 3:08:37 PM
(0)
Teacher
Ya, Im already on 10.9.2 so I guess it wont work for me...
Ya, Im already on 10.9.2 so I guess it wont work for me...

38 of 71 (1,247 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 12, 2014 4:26:53 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

I don't know if this holds true with Apple but when I look at my connected wireless devices list on my router admin web page, it will not list any devices connected to my range extender by name or IP address.  Instead, it lists the same IP address that the range extender has been assigned for every device that is connecting to my network through the range extender.

Not that this helps with your problem but I thought I'd mention it FWIW.

I don't know if this holds true with Apple but when I look at my connected wireless devices list on my router admin web page, it will not list any devices connected to my range extender by name or IP address.  Instead, it lists the same IP address that the range extender has been assigned for every device that is connecting to my network through the range extender.

Not that this helps with your problem but I thought I'd mention it FWIW.

39 of 71 (1,237 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 12, 2014 5:09:43 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by OttoPylot on May 12, 2014 at 5:23:09 PM

Now that I think about it, I could see the second MicroCell not showing up in the DHCP page because it's behind the second router and that's who router number one is seeing. Maybe accessing router number 2 directly would show the MAC address of the second router but he still needs a utility to do that.

I forget but is there anything else connected to the second router besides the MicroCell?

I just looked up iNet. It's an $8 app but it does work with 10.9.2 and displays the MAC addresses of ethernet connected devices.

Now that I think about it, I could see the second MicroCell not showing up in the DHCP page because it's behind the second router and that's who router number one is seeing. Maybe accessing router number 2 directly would show the MAC address of the second router but he still needs a utility to do that.

I forget but is there anything else connected to the second router besides the MicroCell?

I just looked up iNet. It's an $8 app but it does work with 10.9.2 and displays the MAC addresses of ethernet connected devices.

[ Edited ]
40 of 71 (1,233 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 12, 2014 5:22:01 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

See?  I'm worth something!

See?  I'm worth something!

41 of 71 (1,228 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 12, 2014 5:35:35 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

..... the beer is in the mail Smiley Wink

..... the beer is in the mail Smiley Wink

42 of 71 (1,225 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 12, 2014 7:48:02 PM
(0)
Teacher

No, there is nothing else connected to the second router other than the Mcell. 

I spoke to someone at ATT technical support... They said there is no way to get the second mcell to work via my configuration and that an mcell has to be connected to the router that is connected to the modem...

Any thoughts on this?

No, there is nothing else connected to the second router other than the Mcell. 

I spoke to someone at ATT technical support... They said there is no way to get the second mcell to work via my configuration and that an mcell has to be connected to the router that is connected to the modem...

Any thoughts on this?

43 of 71 (1,219 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 12, 2014 9:05:16 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Hmmm, the MicroCell does need some sort of wired connection to the router (and to the modem) so that could be your problem. Some have tried PowerLine Adapters (ask Avedis) but they don't seem to be reliable. A network extender may be a better choice.

Hmmm, the MicroCell does need some sort of wired connection to the router (and to the modem) so that could be your problem. Some have tried PowerLine Adapters (ask Avedis) but they don't seem to be reliable. A network extender may be a better choice.

44 of 71 (1,211 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 12, 2014 9:20:31 PM
(0)
Teacher
My network was set up with powerline adapters before - the second mcell never worked.

Arent my additional AC routers "network extenders"?
My network was set up with powerline adapters before - the second mcell never worked.

Arent my additional AC routers "network extenders"?

45 of 71 (1,207 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 12, 2014 9:52:21 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by OttoPylot on May 12, 2014 at 9:54:54 PM

Ok, I had to go back to the beginning of this thread and re-read some of it. I know it's difficult to run a cable from MicroCell 2 to the router but that may be the best, and most reliable way to connect it. You know that PowerLine Adapters don't work well and I should have said a signal booster (Wilson Signal Booster) and not a network extender, but they can be pricey.

Ok, I had to go back to the beginning of this thread and re-read some of it. I know it's difficult to run a cable from MicroCell 2 to the router but that may be the best, and most reliable way to connect it. You know that PowerLine Adapters don't work well and I should have said a signal booster (Wilson Signal Booster) and not a network extender, but they can be pricey.

[ Edited ]
46 of 71 (1,198 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 12, 2014 10:26:46 PM
(0)
Teacher
Running a ethernet cable from micro cell #2 to the base station is impossible.

Is there really no one who has gotten a second micro cell to work that has been connected to a second router??
Running a ethernet cable from micro cell #2 to the base station is impossible.

Is there really no one who has gotten a second micro cell to work that has been connected to a second router??

47 of 71 (1,192 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 13, 2014 8:22:55 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

My guess is that your MicroCell is connected to router #2, but the 3G signal is not being sent to router #1 (which is connected to the modem) because the AT&T 3G signal is incapable of being transmitted via WiFi. The only options available to you, that I can see, is either figure out how to hardwire router 2 to the base station, which you say you can't do, or try to use a Wilson Signal Booster where router #2 is and remove that router from your LAN.

My guess is that your MicroCell is connected to router #2, but the 3G signal is not being sent to router #1 (which is connected to the modem) because the AT&T 3G signal is incapable of being transmitted via WiFi. The only options available to you, that I can see, is either figure out how to hardwire router 2 to the base station, which you say you can't do, or try to use a Wilson Signal Booster where router #2 is and remove that router from your LAN.

48 of 71 (1,181 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 13, 2014 9:42:57 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by Avedis53 on May 13, 2014 at 9:43:57 AM

Whoa there pardner!  I'm using a Amped Wireless SR10000 range extender and my Mcell is connected to it by Ethernet cable.  The range extender transmits the Mcell signal via WiFi just fine to my router.  The AT&T tech support guy is wrong.  I don't see why a second router can't do the same thing, but I only have one Mcell on my network. 

Powerline Adapters are problematic as they are subject to cross-phase, cross-breaker, ground-loop or electrical interference deficiencies in home AC wiring.  Even a GFCI can cause problems with their usage.  I tried them and my Mcell would not stay connected (flashing 3G light).  Switching to a range extender solved my need to centrally locate my Mcell in my home for complete coverage and not have to hard-wire my Mcell to my router via a long Ethernet cable.

I still think the OP's problem lies somewhere in router settings.

Have you tried swapping Mcells?  You know Mcell #1 works.  Replace it with Mcell #2 and see if it works in that location just to make sure there isn't a problem with the Mcell.

Next thing I would try is to disconnect the other Apple AC's so there are only two connected to the network, the base station AC and the AC with the second Mcell and see what happens.  This probably isn't the problem but for completeness' sake, I'd try it.

It bothers me that the second Mcell doesn't show up as a connected device.  My router shows my range extender's MAC address and its DHCP-assigned IP address.  Any device connected to my network via the range extender (like my Mcell) has its own IP address but shows the same MAC address on my router as my range extender.  I'm not sure why this is so.  One would think that if the router sees multiple identical MAC addresses, it wouldn't like it but it hasn't shown to be a problem.  Perhaps it's because the range extender has assigned separate IP addresses to any devices connected to it but then you'd think there would be a double NAT issue.  Most likely, my router has assigned the IP addresses as the range extender is in a bridge mode of some sort.  But then why doesn't it carry the unique MAC addresses through to the router?  I'm beyond my knowledge level of networking now.

I wish I was more familiar with Apple routers to say what to do but I'm not.  Perhaps you've over-complicated your network by daisy-chaining ACs together.  That should work but the Mcell is pretty finicky from what I've seen.  I'll have to think some more about this and see if I can come up with something to try.

Whoa there pardner!  I'm using a Amped Wireless SR10000 range extender and my Mcell is connected to it by Ethernet cable.  The range extender transmits the Mcell signal via WiFi just fine to my router.  The AT&T tech support guy is wrong.  I don't see why a second router can't do the same thing, but I only have one Mcell on my network. 

Powerline Adapters are problematic as they are subject to cross-phase, cross-breaker, ground-loop or electrical interference deficiencies in home AC wiring.  Even a GFCI can cause problems with their usage.  I tried them and my Mcell would not stay connected (flashing 3G light).  Switching to a range extender solved my need to centrally locate my Mcell in my home for complete coverage and not have to hard-wire my Mcell to my router via a long Ethernet cable.

I still think the OP's problem lies somewhere in router settings.

Have you tried swapping Mcells?  You know Mcell #1 works.  Replace it with Mcell #2 and see if it works in that location just to make sure there isn't a problem with the Mcell.

Next thing I would try is to disconnect the other Apple AC's so there are only two connected to the network, the base station AC and the AC with the second Mcell and see what happens.  This probably isn't the problem but for completeness' sake, I'd try it.

It bothers me that the second Mcell doesn't show up as a connected device.  My router shows my range extender's MAC address and its DHCP-assigned IP address.  Any device connected to my network via the range extender (like my Mcell) has its own IP address but shows the same MAC address on my router as my range extender.  I'm not sure why this is so.  One would think that if the router sees multiple identical MAC addresses, it wouldn't like it but it hasn't shown to be a problem.  Perhaps it's because the range extender has assigned separate IP addresses to any devices connected to it but then you'd think there would be a double NAT issue.  Most likely, my router has assigned the IP addresses as the range extender is in a bridge mode of some sort.  But then why doesn't it carry the unique MAC addresses through to the router?  I'm beyond my knowledge level of networking now.

I wish I was more familiar with Apple routers to say what to do but I'm not.  Perhaps you've over-complicated your network by daisy-chaining ACs together.  That should work but the Mcell is pretty finicky from what I've seen.  I'll have to think some more about this and see if I can come up with something to try.

[ Edited ]
49 of 71 (1,172 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 13, 2014 10:15:16 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by OttoPylot on May 13, 2014 at 10:16:14 AM

Tex, I was thinking more along the lines that maybe there's a wireless protocol that Apple uses that doesn't play nice with transmitting the 3G signal via WiFi. I think it would be worth the $8 for the OP to get the iNet app and see if it can detect the MAC address on the second MicroCell. If it doesn't, then yeah, that could be the problem.

We know that you can have more than one MicroCell on your premises and that works fine. But using one router connection takes some special tweaking that we just haven't figured out yet. Remote troubleshooting is very challenging at times.

Tex, I was thinking more along the lines that maybe there's a wireless protocol that Apple uses that doesn't play nice with transmitting the 3G signal via WiFi. I think it would be worth the $8 for the OP to get the iNet app and see if it can detect the MAC address on the second MicroCell. If it doesn't, then yeah, that could be the problem.

We know that you can have more than one MicroCell on your premises and that works fine. But using one router connection takes some special tweaking that we just haven't figured out yet. Remote troubleshooting is very challenging at times.

[ Edited ]
50 of 71 (1,168 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 13, 2014 10:21:24 AM
(0)
Teacher

If the second mcell does have a mac address - what would that tell us and - what would be the next steps in getting it to work?

If the second mcell does have a mac address - what would that tell us and - what would be the next steps in getting it to work?

51 of 71 (1,161 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 13, 2014 10:29:53 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by Avedis53 on May 13, 2014 at 10:31:01 AM

It's easy to suggest how other people should spend their money to chase down a problem.  My suggestion would be to ditch the other Apple ACs and get a high-power range extender to cover the rest of the house with a WiFi signal and centrally locate it so perhaps just one Mcell, connected to it by Ethernet cable, would cover the house instead of using two Mcells.

I've done it with a four-level, 4000 sq. ft. house.  It works.

It's easy to suggest how other people should spend their money to chase down a problem.  My suggestion would be to ditch the other Apple ACs and get a high-power range extender to cover the rest of the house with a WiFi signal and centrally locate it so perhaps just one Mcell, connected to it by Ethernet cable, would cover the house instead of using two Mcells.

I've done it with a four-level, 4000 sq. ft. house.  It works.

[ Edited ]
52 of 71 (1,159 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 13, 2014 10:38:37 AM
(0)
Teacher
I have a 10,000 sq ft 1 level house made with real plaster - not drywall. It won't work.
I have a 10,000 sq ft 1 level house made with real plaster - not drywall. It won't work.

53 of 71 (1,154 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 13, 2014 10:47:24 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

If the second MicroCell has been assigned an IP address then that means that your router is seeing it because the signal is reaching your router. You could try to assign a static IP address to the second MicroCell and maybe even port assign it. That "locks" MicroCell #2 to the same IP address and it will have the necessary ports assigned to it all of the time.

Or, you can try Avedis's suggestion on a range extender but you say it won't work because of plaster walls. I basically live in a Faraday cage and I have no problem using my MicroCell inside my house or outside.

If the second MicroCell has been assigned an IP address then that means that your router is seeing it because the signal is reaching your router. You could try to assign a static IP address to the second MicroCell and maybe even port assign it. That "locks" MicroCell #2 to the same IP address and it will have the necessary ports assigned to it all of the time.

Or, you can try Avedis's suggestion on a range extender but you say it won't work because of plaster walls. I basically live in a Faraday cage and I have no problem using my MicroCell inside my house or outside.

54 of 71 (1,150 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 13, 2014 11:00:24 AM
(0)
Teacher
I think this is how you find the MAC addresses of locally connected devices:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5566
I think this is how you find the MAC addresses of locally connected devices:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5566

55 of 71 (1,142 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 13, 2014 11:11:38 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

A high-power range extender is a different animal than your typical router.  It can cover a lot more ground than your Apple ACs because it has a lot more transmitting power than they do.

Before you dismiss it by saying it won't work, you should at least try it.  Amped Wireless makes a 700 mW dual-band AC range extender (REA 20) that will cover at least 10,000 sq. ft. (one review said it was closer to 14,000 sq. ft.).

You could maintain your original Apple AC as a base station with its connected Mcell and add the range extender.  Some trial and error testing to find the optimum location for it would most likely be necessary as you have to balance it getting a good signal from your router to gaining the additional Mcell coverage for the rest of your house.  The REA 20 has ports so you can plug the second Mcell into it.

There are professional solutions that require more expensive equipment and perhaps a technician to properly design and install it, but I'd certainly try a range extender before going down that road.

A high-power range extender is a different animal than your typical router.  It can cover a lot more ground than your Apple ACs because it has a lot more transmitting power than they do.

Before you dismiss it by saying it won't work, you should at least try it.  Amped Wireless makes a 700 mW dual-band AC range extender (REA 20) that will cover at least 10,000 sq. ft. (one review said it was closer to 14,000 sq. ft.).

You could maintain your original Apple AC as a base station with its connected Mcell and add the range extender.  Some trial and error testing to find the optimum location for it would most likely be necessary as you have to balance it getting a good signal from your router to gaining the additional Mcell coverage for the rest of your house.  The REA 20 has ports so you can plug the second Mcell into it.

There are professional solutions that require more expensive equipment and perhaps a technician to properly design and install it, but I'd certainly try a range extender before going down that road.

56 of 71 (1,139 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 13, 2014 11:13:09 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Yes. As I mentioned, Apple now calls the MAC address the Ethernet ID but whether that is a wired connection or a WiFi connection is the question. Airport Utility 5.x would list all connected devices by their MAC address whether they were wired or not under Logs and Statistics. You could check that by disconnecting all of your network devices and just have MicroCell #1 wired to the primary Base Station. Then check to see if the Ethernet ID matched the MAC address of the MicroCell which is listed on a stickeer on the bottom of the unit.

Yes. As I mentioned, Apple now calls the MAC address the Ethernet ID but whether that is a wired connection or a WiFi connection is the question. Airport Utility 5.x would list all connected devices by their MAC address whether they were wired or not under Logs and Statistics. You could check that by disconnecting all of your network devices and just have MicroCell #1 wired to the primary Base Station. Then check to see if the Ethernet ID matched the MAC address of the MicroCell which is listed on a stickeer on the bottom of the unit.

57 of 71 (1,138 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 13, 2014 11:48:25 AM
(0)
Teacher
Believe me, I have tried everything... for years.

Have even tried commercial grade equipment.
Believe me, I have tried everything... for years.

Have even tried commercial grade equipment.

58 of 71 (1,126 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 13, 2014 12:03:38 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Just so I'm straight on your equipment, when you refer to AC is that the new Apple Extreme (the cubed router)? If so, have you tried different channels and/or frequencies?

Just so I'm straight on your equipment, when you refer to AC is that the new Apple Extreme (the cubed router)? If so, have you tried different channels and/or frequencies?

59 of 71 (1,123 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 9, 2016 9:16:16 AM
(0)
Tutor

Hi,

I read all of this, but my question is somewhat different. We have Uverse in the house, and a micro cell as we live in a rural area where cell service is sketchy. Both phones work well in the house, but we want to put a micro cell in the barn. I have a Netgear 1210 wifi extender so that internet works out there.

Can I plug a 2nd micro-cell into the range extender in the hope that it will work, of do I need to run a new CAT5 line to the barn and expect that it will work that way?

Thanks in advance!

Jay

Hi,

I read all of this, but my question is somewhat different. We have Uverse in the house, and a micro cell as we live in a rural area where cell service is sketchy. Both phones work well in the house, but we want to put a micro cell in the barn. I have a Netgear 1210 wifi extender so that internet works out there.

Can I plug a 2nd micro-cell into the range extender in the hope that it will work, of do I need to run a new CAT5 line to the barn and expect that it will work that way?

Thanks in advance!

Jay

60 of 71 (308 Views)