For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
What is happening with 3G?
benclovell's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, April 1st, 2017 2:31 PM

red light flashing

3G microcell stopping working.  Red light flashing.  I've rebooted and reconnected to a different router port and verified the physical address on the AT&T site.  Anything else I should try?  Thanks, 

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

7 years ago

@benclovell - which red light is flashing and which model of MicroCell, white or black?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I'm having the same problem.  Microcell DPH-151.  Have tried unplugging/plugging, rebooting my home network, checked my router settings - nothing seems out of sorts.  Have not moved the device and every other device on my network is working just fine.  

ATT having issues today?

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

7 years ago

Which light? 3G, GPS, power?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have the same problem with the black Microcell for the past few days. Have tried unplugging/plugging, then rebooting  the home network, checked my router settings. Have not changed/altered/moved the device and every other device on my home network is working fine. Don.t know what to try next.  I am up for any suggestions.

Thank you!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Otto, mine is a white model and the flashing red light is the 3G light.  Worked great at this location for a year.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

7 years ago

@DaveTheRed - if you have the white MicroCell then you are probably still using the original ac adapter. The flashing red 3G light could be one of two things. Either the ac adapter is starting to fail and not delivering enough power to the radio or a location check was done and the verification failed. I would first check the ac adapter with a voltmeter. It should read 16VDC +/- 0.5 with no load. If it doesn't, then replace the adapter with one of the same rating and see what happens.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

AC adapter is good.  I also received an email saying my GPS location does not match the address the microcell is registered to!  Address is correct and location has not changed.  Any ideas?

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

7 years ago

@DaveTheRed

@MiiMii

ok. As long as the adapter reads 16, and not 12 or 13 you're good to go. Just keep in mind the voltmeter check for future use.

I don't remember you mentioning you received the location failure text. If you haven't moved the MicroCell from where it was previously working, and you don't have satellite or wireless broadband, then it sounds like a routine maintenance check was done late at night and your GPS coordinates couldn't be verified afterwards. 

Do do you have a "regular" street address? In other words you don't live in a rural area with a route number, road number, etc.

Where are you all located? Just city/state is fine. AT&T has been pushing out the garbled incoming call fix, which apparently has corrected the issue but may have broke something else. It is odd to get three flashing red 3G light reports so close together and so soon after a push. It would be very helpful to know if you are all in the same region. 

You also might want want to try a hard reset. See the instructions in my Tech Guide (link in my sig).

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

7 years ago

Same problem for me.   Internet, GPS, and power lights are green.  3G signal light is flashing red.   I've rebooted it,  changed router ports, rest it,  and I still get the location verification error text and email.  This device has been function flawlessly in the same exact location for months. Calling support but the call volume is extremely high and wait time is very long.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

7 years ago

@drumr1 - please post your location. City/State only. As I said above, it MAY be related to the garbled incoming call fix. Not sure at this point in time. It could be coincidental but it is suspicious. Support will be of no use.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.