What is happening with 3G?
Garden1's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, July 16th, 2016 6:41 PM

microcell quit working

Microcell just quit. Greeb light at top icon.  This is a Cisco microcell  NO coverage for Iphone

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

8 years ago

Need a little more information than it just quit working. Depending on the model, the green light at the top could be the power indicator or the 3G indicator.

If it's the white model, the light pattern, from top to bottom is power, ethernet, GPS, and 3G.

If it's the black model, the light pattern, from top to bottom is 3G, GPS, ethernet, and power.

Regardless of the model, if only one light is a solid green, then I would first suspect the ac adapter is not delivering the correct current. Check it with a voltmeter. It should read 16VDC +/- 0.5 with no load. If not, replace it with one of the exact same rating and see what happens.

The MicroCell's are a bit finicky with their power requirements so that's why it's important to use the adapter that shipped with the model when new, or replace with the exact same model adapter. The differences between the adapters are subtle but I've listed the two adapters, white model and the newer black model MicroCell, in my Tech Guide (see link in my sig).

If that doesn't work, then come back and we'll look more closely at your setup, equipment, etc.

Did you purchase the MicroCell new or second hand? Did it ever work?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

We purchased the MC new and it was working for years, up till Thursday.  The coverage in the house for cell phones was acting strange.  Then on Friday, the thing just stopped working.  No bad weather, no surges, etc.  We have attempted to restart it following directions online.  Perhaps it is just broken?

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

8 years ago

I would replace the AC adapter as Otto outlined before doing anything else.  They are cheaply made and we've been seeing a lot of these failing lately. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.