What is happening with 3G?
convergent's profile

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

Friday, January 22nd, 2010 1:32 PM

Closed

iPhone Not Connecting to Microcell

I have had the AT&T Microcell now for about a month.  When it works, it works great.  But for some reason, it gets to where it won't connect to my phone.  I am right now sitting here with my iPhone sitting on top of the Microcell and yet it still won't connect.  On the iPhone, I've tried rebooting it, turning WiFi on and off, turning 3G on and off, and turning flight mode on and off... and still I sit with no bars.  Sometimes it will work fine... sometimes it won't.  I can spend 15 or 20 minutes and restart the Microcell and that will work sometimes.  I believe this is happening with our other non-iPhone phones too, but I don't use them every day so have the most knowledge about my iPhone.  It is very, very frustrating because the coverage here is so bad that when the Microcell isn't kicking in then its hit or miss on calls and texts.  Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?  I need reliable service here.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Same problem.  Checked my phone settings to make sure I had 3G enabled.  I didn't, so I enabled it, and now it works.  Try it.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Where do you do that?  I looked under settings.  Mine works, but my sister is visiting and I can't get her 4S to connect.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Thank you so much! I also had this frustrating problem and had reset my MC and iphone multiple times without their connecting. (The connection was just suddenly lost 4 days ago after a year or more of working very well.) The first reset of the MC fixed the problem with my husband's phone but I could not make mine connect. I just tried turning airline mode on and off and that fixed it. 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

11 years ago

A little late to respond about turning off 3G but that can only be done on a 3GS under Settings -> General -> Network. That feature is not available on a 4S and above.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

This is a problem with all phones. I use the Note 2 and my wifeuses the GGOD and we all have the same priblem

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

GS3

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

What is your setup and is the MicroCell new (purchased from AT&T)?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

What? 2014 and STILL this issue is occurring! You would think that after 4 years the bugs would be gone! I am constantly experiencing issues with getting my MicroCell to work! I am so close to canceling AT&T and I have been a customer for many, many years!

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

10 years ago

Why don't you start a new thread and list your issues, setup, etc and maybe we can help you. We have numerous iPhones of different "vintages" and none of them have ever had connection issues.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.