iPhone Not Connecting to Microcell

Mentor

Re: iPhone Not Connecting to Microcell

[ Edited ]

May be it is because that following conditions are not being met:

1. Confirm the AT&T 3G MicroCell is within 3 feet of a window with a clear unobstructed view of the sky. 
  2. Verify that the AT&T 3G MicroCell is at least 1 foot away from the the Wi-Fi router, or other wireless broadcasting devices.
  3. There is required a broadband internet connection.  Minimum download speeds of 1.5 Mbps and upload speeds of 256 Kbps recommended.  All providers are supported.  Satellite Internet is not supported. 

The MicroCell is within 3 feet of the window and 5 feet from the Wi-Fi router, and our AT&T DSL service is 6.0 Mbps/1.0 Mbps.
Other ideas?
Message 46 of 80 (7,045 Views)
Guru

gjlieber wrote:

With our iPhone 4s and the microcell, the issue is the time it takes from the time I dial the number until it starts to ring.  sometimes it can take 45 seconds, and other times it just fails the call.  If I reboot the iPhone, the time drops to about 4 ~ 6 seconds, but after a while, the time goes back up to 30 ~ 45 seconds.

Our Microcell currently has this as the major symptom as well. It's a transient problem, so the fact that it's better after rebooting your phone is a red herring.

It's almost certainly a problem with the back-end services at AT&T/Cisco, but it's yet another of the Microcell's problems that they refuse to acknowledge, let alone deal with.

Message 47 of 80 (7,004 Views)
Mentor

I jut updated my iPhone 4 to iOS4.3 and all of the delay issues are gone.

Message 48 of 80 (6,794 Views)
Tutor

My husband and I each have an iPhone 4. His connects to our microcell with no problems, mine will not. I have tried restarting my phone and cycling through airpane mode, to no effect. Any ideas?

Message 49 of 80 (6,621 Views)
Guru

[ Edited ]

lgrooms wrote:

My husband and I each have an iPhone 4. His connects to our microcell with no problems, mine will not. I have tried restarting my phone and cycling through airpane mode, to no effect. Any ideas?

Have you looked at the MicrcoCell manager web page to make sure your phone number is registered with the MC?

Message 50 of 80 (6,615 Views)
Tutor

Yes. My number is the first listed. I considered deleting my number and relisting it, but the delete option is grayed out next to my number.

Message 51 of 80 (6,965 Views)
Guru

My number is the primary number on our account and delete is grayed out for me too.

If you swap sim cards with your hubby does the problem follow your number or stay with your handset?  A faulty sim card has caused problems for some people.

And you might try disconnecting/removing the MicroCell from your account and then adding it back on.  That has fixed problems for some users. 

Then there's always calling at&t tech support for help.  Good luck there.Smiley Wink

Message 52 of 80 (6,955 Views)
Voyager

I have an iPhone 3GS with iOS v4.3.1. I'm having this problem as well. None of the suggested fixes consistently work for me. AT&T support hasn't been able to provide me with a solution.

My solution is that I'm dumping AT&T and returning to Verizon as soon as the iPhone 5 is available...
Message 53 of 80 (6,711 Views)
Explorer

I'm switching to Verizon when the iphone5 comes out too!!!

Message 54 of 80 (6,697 Views)
Guru

I would wait until an LTE iPhone variant comes out. There's already little point in buying an EVDO or HSPA iPhone today, much less buying one in September.

Message 55 of 80 (6,668 Views)
Contributor

My MicroCell stopped working last week after I upgraded to the newest version of iOS4 that was just released.  I've tried power cycling my MicroCell, phone, modem, and router to no avail!  Smiley Mad

Message 56 of 80 (6,627 Views)
Contributor

Same thing here.  I have two iPhone 4s.  One is running 4.3.1 and will connect to the Microcell.  The other is running 4.3.2 and will not.  I've tried everything (switched SIMs, restarted MC, removed phone number and re-add it) and nothing works.  THIS IS A BIG PROBLEM. 

Message 57 of 80 (6,620 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

I have 3 iPhone4's in my family. We have updated to ios 4.3.2 (8H7) and I did not even have to reset my microcell. everythign is fine, I don't  think it is the ios stopping you from this or we would have the same issue here.

geeves77

Message 58 of 80 (6,584 Views)
ACE - Master

Interesting. We have 2 iPhone 3GSs and neither one of them have ever had any problems connecting to the MicroCell. No dropped calls, no delay in connecting, etc.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 59 of 80 (6,581 Views)

No problems here either, except I got a dropped call today.  One iPhone 4, one 3GS.  Both on iOS 4.3.

Message 60 of 80 (6,556 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.