What is happening with 3G?
convergent's profile

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

Friday, January 22nd, 2010 1:32 PM

Closed

iPhone Not Connecting to Microcell

I have had the AT&T Microcell now for about a month.  When it works, it works great.  But for some reason, it gets to where it won't connect to my phone.  I am right now sitting here with my iPhone sitting on top of the Microcell and yet it still won't connect.  On the iPhone, I've tried rebooting it, turning WiFi on and off, turning 3G on and off, and turning flight mode on and off... and still I sit with no bars.  Sometimes it will work fine... sometimes it won't.  I can spend 15 or 20 minutes and restart the Microcell and that will work sometimes.  I believe this is happening with our other non-iPhone phones too, but I don't use them every day so have the most knowledge about my iPhone.  It is very, very frustrating because the coverage here is so bad that when the Microcell isn't kicking in then its hit or miss on calls and texts.  Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?  I need reliable service here.

Guru

• 

396 Messages

13 years ago

My number is the primary number on our account and delete is grayed out for me too.

If you swap sim cards with your hubby does the problem follow your number or stay with your handset?  A faulty sim card has caused problems for some people.

And you might try disconnecting/removing the MicroCell from your account and then adding it back on.  That has fixed problems for some users. 

Then there's always calling at&t tech support for help.  Good luck there.Smiley Wink

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

I have an iPhone 3GS with iOS v4.3.1. I'm having this problem as well. None of the suggested fixes consistently work for me. AT&T support hasn't been able to provide me with a solution.

My solution is that I'm dumping AT&T and returning to Verizon as soon as the iPhone 5 is available...

Explorer

• 

33 Messages

13 years ago

I'm switching to Verizon when the iphone5 comes out too!!!

Guru

• 

808 Messages

13 years ago

I would wait until an LTE iPhone variant comes out. There's already little point in buying an EVDO or HSPA iPhone today, much less buying one in September.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

My MicroCell stopped working last week after I upgraded to the newest version of iOS4 that was just released.  I've tried power cycling my MicroCell, phone, modem, and router to no avail!  Smiley Mad

Contributor

• 

1 Message

13 years ago

Same thing here.  I have two iPhone 4s.  One is running 4.3.1 and will connect to the Microcell.  The other is running 4.3.2 and will not.  I've tried everything (switched SIMs, restarted MC, removed phone number and re-add it) and nothing works.  THIS IS A BIG PROBLEM. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

13 years ago

I have 3 iPhone4's in my family. We have updated to ios 4.3.2 (8H7) and I did not even have to reset my microcell. everythign is fine, I don't  think it is the ios stopping you from this or we would have the same issue here.

geeves77

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

13 years ago

Interesting. We have 2 iPhone 3GSs and neither one of them have ever had any problems connecting to the MicroCell. No dropped calls, no delay in connecting, etc.

Scholar

• 

464 Messages

13 years ago

No problems here either, except I got a dropped call today.  One iPhone 4, one 3GS.  Both on iOS 4.3.

Scholar

• 

232 Messages

13 years ago

iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS here...both running iOS 4.3.2.  Both are working fine with the MCell.  It's bizarre (but totally the case it seems) that there is just no consistency with these problems.  Some folks absolutely cannot get their iPhones to work well with the MCell while others have had no problems at all.  Once again, the deafening silence from AT&T on the MCell makes any problem diagnosis next to impossible.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.