What is happening with 3G?
tessakie's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, December 9th, 2016 2:30 PM

iPhone 7 plus consistently dropping calls

I have the DPH-514 Cisco Microcell.  We have poor cell reception in our area so ATT provides everyone with Microcells.  The first couple of weeks, everything seemed to be working without any issues.  Now, however, calls on all cellphones constantly drop or you cant understand the person on the other line (happening multiple times a day).  All lights are green and solid and I can be standing right next to the microcell and still have problems.  I have noticed the "M-cell" on my phone constantly shuts off.  I reboot my phone multiple times a day to reconnect to Microcell.  I also reboot Microcell constantly.  Nothing I am doing is improving the issue.  Not sure if it matters, but I use Comcast internet in the home.  Any advice before I throw it out the window?

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

7 years ago

Have you tried using WiFi Calling on your iPhone 7?  It is superior to the Mcell IMHO.

Call quality and dropouts are typically due to your ISP line quality.  I'm not talking about bandwidth either.  Jitter and packet loss will cause voice distortion and dropouts as you have described.  You should run a VOIP test on  your internet connection to see what kind of results you get.  See Otto's Tech Guide for details.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

Ditto.  @Avedis53 Is correct.  Wifi calling works very well.  Your Comcast service should do a great job. iPhone 6 and newer are designed for wifi calling.   

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

7 years ago

@lizdance40 - a small correction. iPhone 5SE and above are capable of WiFi-C Smiley Wink

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

The SE came after the 6. That's why I say 6 or newer.  

IPhone 6 came out September 2015. The SE came out March 2016.   (Not bad for the android chick, huh Smiley Wink )

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

7 years ago

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Yes, Wifi calling is on and I have a MCell in the house as well.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

7 years ago

@tessakie - Is the phone in Airplane Mode? If it is still registered to the MicroCell then you need to disable the cellular radio.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.