What is happening with 3G?
whitehat01's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, September 27th, 2015 5:51 PM

iPhone 6s + Microcell

Received my 6s and, after two days and five phone calls to AT&T, found that the 6s doesn't work with the microcell - neither apple nor AT&T has figure it out.  Sending back the i6 and probably dropping AT&T.  Do you think someone would do some testing before they start shipping??  I'm dead in the water at work without the Microcell. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

The Mcell is not active so nothing will connect to it. It won't activate after I reset it.

• 

25.7K Messages

9 years ago

We got a Microcell as soon as we signed up with AT&T over a year ago, since we only get 1 to 2 bars throughout the house. About 5 months ago, we switched to Cricket, which doesn't support a Microcell.  In the four months with Cricket, we didn't have any problems with missed calls or poor connections.  Came back to AT&T (mainly for the hotspot) and after a month, the Microcell died.  We realized from our stint with Cricket that we didn't need the Microcell.

Unless one has no useable signal in the house, I would suggest trying to go without the Microcell for a while, rather than put up with that finiky, unreliable piece of hardware.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

@OttoPylot wrote:

...Deactivate your account and then reactivate it, remove and the add back in the phone numbers, and then turn off and then on your phone once activation is complete...

This worked for me - my 6S, and my wife's, connected just fine after deactivating and reactivating the MicroCell account.  And while searching the internet, it was apparent that this is a common problem when new phones get released - iPhone and otherwise.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

9 years ago

I haven't seen it quite this bad with iPhones in the past but as I've indicated, the more complex the phones become the more has to be done on the backend to keep them compatible with older technology (femtocells). AT&T/Apple does seem to be more responsive than AT&T/Samsung on correcting new issues quickly. It will still probably take AT&T the better part of this week to correct the incidental issues such as the activation page to catch up and be totally functional again for some.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I hope I can find a fix, it was the only company where I had signal here.  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

It has to work, I can't get signal from any other carrier - and now our 6s doesn't work either. 

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

9 years ago

What seems to work for most is this:

Login to myAT&T and deactivate your account. You may or may not have to delete the phone numbers. Try it first without deleting the phone numbers.

Disconnect the power to the MicroCell. You are basically setting up the MicroCell as if it was the first time.

Restore power, let the MicroCel go thru the activation process, and then activate/register the MicroCell.

Once activation/registration is complete (it may take a bit longer than usual), turn off your phone and then turn it back on.

What you are doing is setting the MicroCell back to factory default status which forces it to go thru the entire Initial Activation process, part of which is looking for and downloading any updates that may be available and possibly not pushed to you yet. Turning off and then on again the phone puts the MicroCell into the phone's cellular neighborhood.

Unfortunately as phones become more complicated this process may be necessary with the new hardware.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

my Apple 6s wont work with my Microcell, so I have no service!  Web page says support for this device not available.  Any ideas?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

i just did a complete resart of my 6s while sitting here next to my microcell and it all started working, go figure.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

9 years ago

Again, some have to just restart their phones to register the new pnone to it's cellular neighborhood. Others have to do the complete re-installation. Clearly AT&T/Apple did not adequately test this before launch but this is not surprising.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.