Explore & discover

Helpful Links

iPhone 6 Plus will not connect to my Microcell all of a sudden

Highlighted
Former Employee

iPhone 6 Plus will not connect to my Microcell all of a sudden

My personal phone quit picking up my MCell all of a sudden. I've reset my MCell and turned my iPhone 6 Plus off and back on. The number is programmed and so is my work phone, an iPhone 5S. The work phone picks it up. The settings are the same but cannot figure why the iPhone 6 Plus no longer works.

Any ideas out there?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 5
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by SigOps
‎12-28-2015 8:44 AM

Re: iPhone 6 Plus will not connect to my Microcell all of a sudden

Have you tried to us WiFi calling on the iPhone 6 plus?  That might work better since the Microcell uses your internet, might as well just go straight to the source (WiFi) instead of using the Microcell.

(The following is included after all posts to save typing) We are fellow customers. Our answers are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 5
Former Employee

Thank you. I set WiFi Calling to ON and I see "AT&T WiFi" across the top now and then it skipped and connected back to MCell...weird but I guess it's back up and running.

Message 3 of 5
Contributor

I was having this EXACT same issue, and this also fixed it for me!  Turned on wifi calling and it automatically reconnected to the MCell, turned wifi off and it remained.

Thanks so much!!!!!!

Message 4 of 5
ACE - Expert

The iPhone is designed to preferentially connect to a cellular signal when in range. If you have WiFi enabled and  have not enabled Airplane Mode (which turns off the cellular radio) the iPhone will attempt to connect to the MicroCell 3G signal.  Why briefly enabling WiFi-C forced the MicroCell to connect to the MicroCell is strange. I've not seen that problem before.

MicroCell Technical Guide by OttoPylot

Cellular Booster Guide by OttoPylot

"Quick Tips: My Microcell Doesn't Work"

I am not an AT&T employee.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 5
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements...

Are you Missing Your BOGO Credits? If so, QuarryRye can you help figure out what happened and what to do about it!

Additional Support