What is happening with 3G?
MartinCallahan's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, September 30th, 2014 9:33 AM

iPhone 4S can't connect to M-Cell

My wiife and I each have a iPhone 4S, both on the 4G network.  She has no problem connecting to our Micro-Cell, but mine won't connect.  I've read that Micro-Cell only works on 3G, but hers works on 4G, so I'm assuming the M-Cell can now function with 4G???  Restarted Micro-Cell and both phones several times to no avail.  I just activated my 4S this past weekend, but hers has been running about a year.  I'm running latest IOS, hers is one or two releases old.  I use my phone for business, but get only 1 "bar" in my home office studio. Any advice how to get my phone to recognize the M-Cell?  I've looked all through the phone's menus, but found nothing referencing the M-Cell. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

10 years ago

The MicroCell currently connects only at 3G even tho some iPhones will dispaly M-Cell 4G. All that indicates is that the phone is detecting 3G with HSPA+ enabled which the phone may interpret as 4G. I would suggest trying to Reset Network Settings on the iPhone that is having difficulty connecting. Some iPhones have had difficulty in the past connecting. We have iPhone 5's, 4's, and 3's, none of which have any problems connecting.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

My problem, now solved, was apparently two-fold.  Initially, after several hours of trouble shooting myself, I couldn't get the new phone to activate. Finally, a tech rep at the AT&T store determined it was a faulty sim card.  He replaced it and activation went "flawless".  However when he replaced the card and activated the phone, somehow, the store's own business phone number, replaced my phone's phone number on my M-Cell's "allowed connections list".  That's why my phone wouldn't connect to it.  This was all determined during a second trip to the AT&T store at which time the tech rep installed the AT&T Microcell app on the phone.  From that app I was able to access the list of "allowed connections".  Seeing that my phone number wasn't listed, I easily added it and now everything works.  Finally. 

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for getting back to us. The SIM replacement has worked for some so I'm glad to hear that you were one of them. The phone number was an odd one as well but at least that's been taken care of too.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.