For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
What is happening with 3G?
Ken1's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, June 13th, 2017 9:51 PM

flashing red signal strength LED

The signal strength (bars) LED at the top of my microcell is flashing red. All other devices connected to my router are working properly??

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

7 years ago

@Ken1 - AT&T will do periodic maintenance late at night. Part of which is verifying your location which may require a reboot. If the reboot fails, then the unit may not re-register correctly with AT&T. Try to power cycle it first, including the router. If that doesn't work, do a hard reset. Turn off the power to the MicroCell. Push a paperclip into the small reset hole in the back. Keep pushing in on the button while restoring the power. Continue to hold it in for about 30 seconds and then release it. The MicroCell will reset itself back to factory defaults and go thru the Initial Activation process (details given in my Tech Guide). You don't have to do anything with your MicroCell account (myAT&T MicroCell Settings page) because the unit, and its settings, will remain associated with your cellular account.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

7 years ago

@Ken1 - please refer to my Quick Tips (link in my sig). Typically speaking, if the 3G light flashes red then that indicates a location verification failure. We need more information on your setup, ISP, etc. Do you live in a rural area with  a route number, road number, etc or a brand new development?

I'm assuming you have the black MicroCell.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks for the quick reply. The microcell (black) was working fine last time I was here (Westfield,MA). That was two weeks ago. My ISP is Comcast.

Thanks again,

Ken

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

rebooting the cell and router did the trick!

Thanks for all the help

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

7 years ago

@Ken1 - Cool. You're welcome.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.