What is happening with 3G?
toby1956's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, August 21st, 2015 5:08 PM

att microcell

I have been an att wireless customer since long before it became att.   around 7 seven years ago we moved to a location out in the country.  wireless service was non existant . we even checked every carrier in the area. finally with the purchase of an high priced booster and antenna set up , we were able to receive weak service in one room of our home. finally within the last few weeks we were able to att uverse where we are, so we signed up .  the technician that installed the uverse , noticed the booster and told my wife that att micro cell was available since we had the uverse service and that the micro cell should be free.  i had heard of micro cell because one of my coworkers has it. his was free.  when i went to the local att store to check on it, i was told 1$150.00 , with available $75.00 rebate.  i argued that ,but got nowhere . so i paid that , and sent the rebate request in with the required documentation. this week i get a notice that i did not send the proper documentation. sent exactly what the instructions as for . now have done so for the second time.  number one , i have been very pleased with the Microcell,   but i dont feel i should have to pay for an additional device to receive service i am already  paying for, especially when i know for a fact others have gotten it free.    from the same att store i went to .   

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

7 years ago

The current $75 mail-in rebate will only be available to active AT&T subscribers who purchased an AT&T MicroCell between 11/18/2014 – 11/17/2016. 

The rebate must be postmarked by 12/17/16, received by 1/1/17 and the rebate Form can be printed from the following link: Click here to open PDF

Thanks,

Dmitriy

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

9 years ago

The U-verse side of AT&T hasn't a clue as to what the Wireless side does, and vice versa, so anything that he said should be taken with a big grain of salt.

The MicroCell was given out for free to select customers years ago as part of a promotional campaign but that was officially disconintued a long time ago. It is not unheard of to still get one for free but that is entirely up to Customer Support, who you talk to, and the circumstances. It is definitely not current corporate policy. Quite often you can get one at a discount which is apparently what happened in your case. If the corporate store you went to offered you a rebate that still has to be approved by Support. Most of the times the rebate is handled by Support or another related division. If you still don't receive a $75 credit on  your phone bill, I would send a pm to CustomerCare (link in my sig) with the details of your issue, your account information, and the best way for them to contact you. Don't send any paperwork you have until they ask for it.

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

9 years ago

Sounds like the Mcell is working well for you.  Good to hear!

Playing the devil's advocate here, if you move to a rural area that has virtually no cellphone service, is it really AT&T's responsibility to subsidize your decision to relocate?  I'd have to say no.  It was your choice to move to that remote location and while AT&T can provide a product that will compensate for the lack of cell tower coverage, to expect them to give you one for free is asking a lot.  That they will split the cost with you is reasonable IMHO.

Definitely follow Otto's advice about contacting ATT CustomerCare.  I believe they can straighten things out for you.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.