What is happening with 3G?
gregnm's profile

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

Monday, February 23rd, 2015 3:35 PM

adding phone to micro cell

I upgraded my phone and want to add it to my micro cell approved user list,However when I log in to my account and go to manage account it brings me to the activation page.ATT can't get to the page either ,they have generated a case number but could be 1-4 days. Anyone have same trouble 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

AT&T has trouble from time to time with the activation page. I'm assuming you kept the same phone number when you upgraded and it is an AT&T approved phone. I can get to my account page but that doesn't mean a lot. You could try to pm CustomerCare (link in my sig), give them the ticket number, and see what they can do.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I've been told that if you haven't changed the number it will be picked automatically.........

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

When you first activate a new account, you have to put in the phone number of the account holder to verify who "owns" the account. If you upgrade your phone and keep the same phone number then what you probably have to do is restart the phone or MicroCell so that it can detect the MicroCell or vice versa because there's more to connecting a new phone than the phone number (IMEI/IMSI codes to verify, etc).

If your adding a phone number to the Approved Uses List (any phone other than the account holder's phone) then it has to be an AT&T phone and it can be either a pre or a post paid account. The primary phone number still has to be a post paid account. Again, you may have to restart the MicroCell and/or the phone for it to be detected.

If all of that fails, try to access your my ATT account using a different browser. Sometimes the account page has difficulty with a particular browser and using something else works. The myATT page does have issues from time to time.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.