For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
What is happening with 3G?
pras4packers's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, December 1st, 2015 6:11 PM

adding a new phone/device to microcell when it is the primary line associated with the microcell

The best practice for having an existing microcell recognize the new phone/device for existing approved list number is to drop and add the number. I am not able to do this with the "primary" number that is associated with the microcell. 

The primary number has no option to delete so there's no way for me to drop and then add this primary number. I couldn't find any option to change the primary number to another number either. So now I am stuck as my primary phone is the new device and it is not connecting to the microcell. I have powered off and on the new device many times but no luck. Thanks in advance for any help in this matter!

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

8 years ago

Your question is a little confusing. To delete the primary number you usually have to deactivate  your account, wait for a period of time, and then reactivate your account and set it up as if new.

We need a little more detail on your setup and phones. Did the MicroCell ever work, did you get a new phone and number, etc?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

The microcell has been working fine for about a year and works for other phones (we have a total of 5 phones connected to the microcell). We recently updated two phones (replaced with newer phones), no change to the phone number. The new phone/devices are not connecting to the microcell. I read that you need to login to "manage microcell", go to the approved user list and remove the phone number and then add it again (reference link) . This "resets" the microcell and the new phone will connect to the microcell. I did that with one of the two phones (i.e. went to the approved phone number list, deleted that number then added that same number again). The other new phone is associated as a primary number and doesn't have the "delete" link next to it in the approved user list. So I cannot delete and then add it so it will connect to the microcell.

The approved user list doesn't have delete link next to it (only the "edit nickname" is next to this number), hence I am calling it "primary" (my term) number that is associated with the Microcell. I used that phone number when I registered my Microcell device (it asks for this information during microcell activation process). This only gets asked during activation of the microcell (which was performed when I bought the microcell a year ago). 

So how do I get my new phone (existing number) to connect to the microcell?

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

8 years ago

Forgive me for asking this but these are AT&T phones purchased from AT&T?

If the phone number used to register/activate the phone is the same number (which is what we call the Primary Number) and the other phone number has been added to the Approved Users List, then all you should have to do is turn the phones completely off and then turn them back on again when in range of the MicroCell so that the new phones register the MicroCell as being part of their cellular "neighborhood".

I'm looking at my myAT&T MicroCell page right now. I have 8 phones. Phone #1 is my number which is the number I used to register/activate the MicroCell because I am the "owner" of the account, so that is what I refer to as the Primary Number. I can Edit the name but I can't delete it, which is fine. The other numbers on the Approved Users List can be Edited/Deleted at will. I just Deleted an old number I don't need anymore and Saved so now my list is down to 7 numbers. In fact, I have two MicroCell's associated with my account and I can go back and forth between the two and make changes.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.