Will 3G Microcell work with new Iphone 5?

Voyager

Will 3G Microcell work with new Iphone 5?

Is it too early to know if the Iphone 5 will work with the 3G Microcells?

Message 1 of 104 (19,245 Views)
Scholar

Re: Will 3G Microcell work with new Iphone 5?

Count me in too. Great work AT&T
Message 46 of 104 (17,372 Views)
Contributor

My new 5 doesn't connect to Microcell, wife's 4 stil connects fine.  Tried network resets and resetting the Microcell - still no joy.  So I guss I just wait.  Off to ATT tomorrow for a new SIM

Dave

Message 47 of 104 (17,306 Views)
Contributor

Yes,

My Son got it work by accident.  His phone complained about no sim card.  He reseated it and it worked.  I popped the sim out of mine and AT&T M-Cell showed up on mine as well as the wife's.  Give it a shot.

Message 48 of 104 (17,301 Views)
Voyager

dubz2045 is correct. I first went into the manage microcell page in my account and deleted the numbers that I had just upgraded to iphone 5's. I then re-added these numbers to the microcell approved numbers list. Next unplug your microcell for 30 seconds and then plug it back in and let it completely reboot. After the reboot turn off your iphone 5 and turn it back on. You should have a microcell signal then, at least I do. Just rebooting the microcell might work on its own but I cannot confirm this because I deleted the numbers online before I tried rebooting. Hope this helps everyone.

Message 49 of 104 (17,291 Views)
Voyager

Finally mine is working. I had to deactivate and activate again for the new software upgrade and once that completed my iPhone 5 connected fine.

Thanks

Message 50 of 104 (17,271 Views)
Contributor

When you say deactivate, do you mean completely disconnect the device in manage settings area?

i tried turning the Micro Cell off and rebooting then turning the IPhone off and on and no success.   I also tried toggling the airplane mode like the other poster and also no luck.

Message 51 of 104 (17,209 Views)
Contributor

Can't find anything small and stiff enough to pop the SIM card - LOL!

Message 52 of 104 (17,182 Views)
Contributor

Mine just showed up 5 minutes after following the steps above and then pulling out the SIM and reseating it.   Either AT&T has sent an update or just reseating the SIM does work.

Message 53 of 104 (17,111 Views)
Mentor

the toggle fixed all 3 of my iPhone 5's!

thanks!!

Message 54 of 104 (17,089 Views)

After 12 hours of reading this thread today, rebooted iPhone 5 and boom... It works. No need to reseat SIM card here
Message 55 of 104 (16,899 Views)
Voyager

Yes that is correct.
Message 56 of 104 (16,892 Views)
Scholar

How can I remove and readd my phone to microcell when it is the only device?
Message 57 of 104 (16,794 Views)
Contributor

Popped out SIM with phone active - dismissed prompt asking for SIM.  Waited 2-3 mins.  Reinstalled SIM.  2 mins later - voila - AT&T M-Cell

Obviously I have no way of knowing if they pushed an upgrade, but at least it is working now!

Dave

Message 58 of 104 (16,776 Views)
Scholar

Great so I deactivated my microcell and now it won't reactivate. Awesome.
Message 59 of 104 (16,657 Views)
Contributor

Just got off the phone with At&t tech support for 3G microcell, according to this guy the entire system crashed with all of the Iphone 5 registrations. They will be updating registrations throughout the night and should be able to connect shortly. He also said there is no incompatibility or problem with IPhone 5 or the microcell. No need to reboot or re register, also has nothing to do with the new sim cards.

Message 60 of 104 (16,600 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.