What is happening with 3G?
flipjr's profile

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

Monday, September 10th, 2012 7:58 PM

Will 3G Microcell work with new Iphone 5?

Is it too early to know if the Iphone 5 will work with the 3G Microcells?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

Ok, so the only iPhone that will not connect to the MicroCell is the iPhone 5 that was given to you. All other phones work well, correct? If that's true, then it's not the MicroCell but something wonky (a technical term Smiley Wink) with that particular iPhone. Who is the "owner" of the MicroCell?  Is it your phone number (the iPhone 5) as the primary number or is your phone number on the Approved Users List. I would turn off your iPhone completely. Remove and then add back in your phone number, and then turn on your phone and see what happens. Is the iPhone 5 an AT&T issued phone or what it purchasd elsewhere and then unlocked?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I have an AT&T Microcell tower.  I changed from AT&T to CONSUMER CELLULAR that uses AT&T service, so my tower continued to improve my signal.  My tower malfunctioned, (sparks came out of the power area), and no longer works.  I am willing to purchase a new tower, but AT&T advises I have to be an AT&T customer, not a CONSUMER CELLULAR customer to activate a tower.  Is there a way I can purchase a new tower without having to leave CONSUMER CELLULAR?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

To use the MicroCell you have to have a post paid AT&T cellular account. If you pay your bill to Consumer Cellular, you don't have an AT&T account, even though CS uses the AT&T network. The fact that your MicroCell worked with CS before the tower died just means that your phone number was "grandfathered". To register and activate a new MicroCell you have to have an AT&T cellular phone number. You can look at the MicroCell as being a "benefit" to those who subscribe to AT&T cellular.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.