What is happening with 3G?
flipjr's profile

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

Monday, September 10th, 2012 7:58 PM

Will 3G Microcell work with new Iphone 5?

Is it too early to know if the Iphone 5 will work with the 3G Microcells?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

I just received 2 iPhone 5s and a new iPhone 4s on iOS 6, I have an existing iPhone 4S iOS 5.1.1....the only device that connects to the microcell is the 4S on 5.1.1.

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

12 years ago

An iPhone 4 with iOS6 and an iPhone 4S with iOS6 work fine.  My new iPhone 5 not working with the Microcell.  Checking my account information, it recognizes the other phones as being iPhone 4 & 4S but my phone is some generic looking flip phone.  The iPhone 5 apparently isn't recognized by AT&T's automated systems yet.  Not a good showing for AT&T.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

I spoke with ATT and there are 2 known issues.

1. New iPhone users unable to add their new line to the Microcell.
2. Upgraded users that have their phone number in the Microcell are unable to connect.

I spoke with Microcell support, Shanda, and she told me that ATT is pushing an update right now and that I should restart my Microcell in 24 hours. This software update to should resolve both issues.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Gentleman, I dont belive this is a phone issue but more of a nano sim problem, I ordered my iPhone 5 using another lines upgrade, since the sim that came in the iPhone 5 was for the wrong number, I decided to cut my iPhone 4S's sim down to nano size and my iPhone 5 is working as it should on the Micro cell while my Brothers is not and he's using the sim that came with the iPhone 5. just my two cents...

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

My new iPhone 5 is not recognized by the microcell and that's my only means of home cell service.   I also can't seem to change my primary number, shutting off LTE does not help.  Iphone5 is not listed as an possible device selections for my account -- only up to 4S.  I need to solve this as there is no AT&T service here at all.  

Just talked to AT&T tech support and was advised they are aware of problem and are working on it but it may take a few days.   

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Thank you so much for your post - extremely helpful!  I do hope that the solution for us all is coming soon in either an update for the Microcell as someone pointed out above or in the information below.  It does seem to be related to new new nano-SIM and AT&T's ability to recognize it.  My AT&T homepage does also show a generic flip-phone as my activated phone at this time.

Here is information posted over in the MacRumors Forum and another commenter verified he was told the same thing:

Originally Posted by  LePigeonBleu  View Post
from at&t:

"Since the iPhone 5 has a new SIM card we need to disconnect and reconnect it to the Microcell. Since the Microcell is registered to the iPhone 5 phone number, we need to disconnect this from the website and re-register. However, there is currently an issue with the disconnect/registration process and this will provide an error if attempted at this time. I would recommend trying this process in a couple hours so we have time to resolve the current Microcell issue so you can disconnect and re-register."

so, do this in a couple hours:

"Log on to  www.att.com/3gmicrocell , disconnect the Microcell, and than complete the registration/activation process again."

From Anna with AT&T Business Data Support...

m

Voyager

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

AT&T needs to address this ASAP. How can they not have been 100% full tested and prepared for this iPhone launch?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

Rec'd the 5 today .... no MicroCell connection.  Followed previous link to deactivate & reactivate, but it only deactivated.  Status says "Activated", but it's not and now have NO phone service at all !!

Guru

• 

396 Messages

12 years ago

@jorgemj85 wrote:

Gentleman, I dont belive this is a phone issue but more of a nano sim problem, I ordered my iPhone 5 using another lines upgrade, since the sim that came in the iPhone 5 was for the wrong number, I decided to cut my iPhone 4S's sim down to nano size and my iPhone 5 is working as it should on the Micro cell while my Brothers is not and he's using the sim that came with the iPhone 5. just my two cents...

That is interesting.   I posted earlier that my wife's iPhone 4 continues to work normally through our Microcell even after updating to iOS 6.  I wouldn't have thought of even mentioning this but when she got her 4, I cut down the SIM card that had been in her 3GS and she's still using that same SIM card.

In anycase, at&t and Apple are going to have to get together and come up with a solution, be it a revised SIM card or whatever. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

Hi,

I also just received my iPhone 5, and am in the same boat, home business and now no signal at my home office.

I spoke with AT&T today and they said it was an  "Apple" problem and they were going to fix it with in 48 hours, but who knows, from what I have seen here it seems to be an issue with both sides.

Lets hope this is resolved ASAP or I may have to find another place to work next week.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.