What is happening with 3G?
flipjr's profile

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

Monday, September 10th, 2012 7:58 PM

Will 3G Microcell work with new Iphone 5?

Is it too early to know if the Iphone 5 will work with the 3G Microcells?

Mentor

• 

93 Messages

11 years ago

I've seen on other forums that iOS6 on iPhone 4S/4 also loses access to microcell.  Very odd.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Came to report the same. new iPhone 5, no microcell connectivity.

I literally have NO SERVICE show up in some areas of my home.

AT&T needs to address this IMMEDIATELY for users like us.

Mentor

• 

70 Messages

11 years ago

Which forums are you referring to?  They may already have a solution.  I'm in the same boat.  No joy on my iPhone 5.  But works fine on my 4s, 4 and 3GS.

Mentor

• 

93 Messages

11 years ago

macrumors, and, no solution.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

The support rep I spoke with said it could be a problem specific to activitaing a iphone 5 that has the same phone number as the "primary" on the Microcell device. Sometimes de-activating and re-activating the Microcell will fix that, but he also said that that process isnt working right now either and no update on when that will be resolved.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

I guess we sit and wait this one out... Glad they at least know users are having an issue. 

I'd like to urge everyone who's affected to call up AT&T and let them know about the issue. The more calls they get the bigger they'll (hopefully) realize this issue is.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

+1 On the iPhone 5 and MC. This is a travesty you would think that ATT would have been proactive and tested before release. I have no signal and can't use the phone 😞

May have to go back to my 4S if ATT can't resolve. I'm a physician and must have mobile service at home.

Voyager

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I just finished chatting with an AT&T rep who shed some light on the situation:

Microcell outages aside, the rep asked if my iPhone number was listed as the primary account. It is. She said that since the iPhone 5 has a new SIM card, you have to delete your number from the list and change the primary account to a different number on your list (which I can't seem to figure out how to do). Then when you reregister your own phone number, it should register the new SIM and connect.

It sounds possible, but I can't figure out how to actually do this.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

My iPhone 5 will not connect to my Microcell either.  I checked with ATT support but so far no feedback.  I am about to reach out to their chat support.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Also have an iPhone 5 that is not connecting to my microcell. I logged into the microcell management page, deleted the number on my microcell account (notthe primary) and then added it again. Restarted the phone and still no luck.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.