Will 3G Microcell work with new Iphone 5?

Voyager

Will 3G Microcell work with new Iphone 5?

Is it too early to know if the Iphone 5 will work with the 3G Microcells?

Message 1 of 104 (19,243 Views)
Guru

Re: Will 3G Microcell work with new Iphone 5?

Ouch.  I wonder if at&t or Apple will release any info about if or when an update will happen to correct what is a big problem for a lot of customers.  Or if they're even aware there is a problem.  Smiley Sad

Message 16 of 104 (15,222 Views)
Contributor

I received my new iphon3 5 today and I am not picking up my microcell signal.  I have restarted me phone and no luck.  All other phones still receive the signal.  Any suggestions?

Message 17 of 104 (15,071 Views)
Mentor

Try disabling LTE? Obviously not ideal, but would be interesting to see if that fixes it.

Message 18 of 104 (15,007 Views)
Voyager

Disabling LTE does not help.  Been on the phone with AT&T advanced support for over an hour and they are lost.  I received 3 new iPhone5's today and all of them fail to connect to our Microcell, while older devices still do.

Message 19 of 104 (14,905 Views)
Highlighted

Having same trouble. ATT support has no idea what I'm taking about. They say "It should just work."

Message 20 of 104 (14,820 Views)
Teacher

eh...mine isn't connecting.

Message 21 of 104 (14,809 Views)
Mentor

I've seen on other forums that iOS6 on iPhone 4S/4 also loses access to microcell.  Very odd.

Message 22 of 104 (14,787 Views)

Came to report the same. new iPhone 5, no microcell connectivity.

I literally have NO SERVICE show up in some areas of my home.

AT&T needs to address this IMMEDIATELY for users like us.

Message 23 of 104 (14,781 Views)

Which forums are you referring to?  They may already have a solution.  I'm in the same boat.  No joy on my iPhone 5.  But works fine on my 4s, 4 and 3GS.

Message 24 of 104 (14,706 Views)
Mentor

macrumors, and, no solution.

Message 25 of 104 (14,677 Views)

The support rep I spoke with said it could be a problem specific to activitaing a iphone 5 that has the same phone number as the "primary" on the Microcell device. Sometimes de-activating and re-activating the Microcell will fix that, but he also said that that process isnt working right now either and no update on when that will be resolved.

Message 26 of 104 (14,662 Views)

I guess we sit and wait this one out... Glad they at least know users are having an issue. 

I'd like to urge everyone who's affected to call up AT&T and let them know about the issue. The more calls they get the bigger they'll (hopefully) realize this issue is.

Message 27 of 104 (14,621 Views)
Voyager

[ Edited ]

+1 On the iPhone 5 and MC. This is a travesty you would think that ATT would have been proactive and tested before release. I have no signal and can't use the phone Smiley Sad

May have to go back to my 4S if ATT can't resolve. I'm a physician and must have mobile service at home.

Message 28 of 104 (14,321 Views)
Voyager

I just finished chatting with an AT&T rep who shed some light on the situation:

Microcell outages aside, the rep asked if my iPhone number was listed as the primary account. It is. She said that since the iPhone 5 has a new SIM card, you have to delete your number from the list and change the primary account to a different number on your list (which I can't seem to figure out how to do). Then when you reregister your own phone number, it should register the new SIM and connect.

It sounds possible, but I can't figure out how to actually do this.

Message 29 of 104 (14,232 Views)
Contributor

My iPhone 5 will not connect to my Microcell either.  I checked with ATT support but so far no feedback.  I am about to reach out to their chat support.

Message 30 of 104 (14,113 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.