What is happening with 3G?
flipjr's profile

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

Monday, September 10th, 2012 7:58 PM

Will 3G Microcell work with new Iphone 5?

Is it too early to know if the Iphone 5 will work with the 3G Microcells?

Mentor

• 

93 Messages

12 years ago

The phone isn't actually in anyone's hands yet, but most likely VOICE will continue to route through the 3G Microcell, and DATA will route through WIFI first, LTE second, or the 3G Microcell last, depending on availability.  To the best of my knowledge, the iPhone5 does not support Voice Over LTE (VoLTE), and in fact, neither does AT&T's network, so all voice calls will continue using UMTS/WCDMA ("3G")

Hope this helps!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

The Microcell icon does not appear in the status bar of my newly delivered iphone 5.  😞

Voyager

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Came to check and report the same. I've tried several things but so far no MicroCell with my iPhone 5.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

11 years ago

Same... no iphone 5 on my microcell

Guru

• 

396 Messages

11 years ago

Ouch.  I wonder if at&t or Apple will release any info about if or when an update will happen to correct what is a big problem for a lot of customers.  Or if they're even aware there is a problem.  😞

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I received my new iphon3 5 today and I am not picking up my microcell signal.  I have restarted me phone and no luck.  All other phones still receive the signal.  Any suggestions?

Mentor

• 

93 Messages

11 years ago

Try disabling LTE? Obviously not ideal, but would be interesting to see if that fixes it.

Voyager

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

Disabling LTE does not help.  Been on the phone with AT&T advanced support for over an hour and they are lost.  I received 3 new iPhone5's today and all of them fail to connect to our Microcell, while older devices still do.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Having same trouble. ATT support has no idea what I'm taking about. They say "It should just work."

Teacher

• 

22 Messages

11 years ago

eh...mine isn't connecting.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.