What is happening with 3G?
flipjr's profile

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

Monday, September 10th, 2012 7:58 PM

Will 3G Microcell work with new Iphone 5?

Is it too early to know if the Iphone 5 will work with the 3G Microcells?

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

12 years ago

Hi.

Why don't you post your question again AFTER we know there even IS an iPhone 5 coming out.

GAL.

Don

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

12 years ago

I don't see why it wouldn't. We've never had any issues with our iPhones.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

Well we know that there is another phone coming out within a few days, those of us who want to order a phone quickly and who count on microcells need to know before purchasing. If the new phones are lte or some other type of protocol, then we might have to wait a while until we know. I would assume there are folks at att that might already have an idea, no harm in asking is there?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

12 years ago

In theory they should work but I doubt serioulsy if anyone at AT&T has tested an advance copy yet. Just wait a couple of weeks or if you just have to be one of the first, then test it out for the rest of us and report back.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

12 years ago

ACE, that is some funny stuff... I don't see why it wouldn't. We've never had any issues with our iPhones. Really, AT&T Microcells have never had ANY issues with iPhones. Beam me up Scotty, iPhone 5 full speed ahead!!

Guru

• 

396 Messages

12 years ago

The iPhone 5 has to be 3G compatible so even though it wouldn't benefit from LTE type speeds through the Microcell,  I can't see why it wouldn't work.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Wonder if there are plans for a 4G microcell?  Sucks our 4G phones can't take advantage of 4G speeds with our current microcells.

Guru

• 

396 Messages

12 years ago

I'm sure if a 4G/LTE version of the Microcell is in the works, we'll never know it until such time as it's released.

In the mean time, there may be a few Microcell users out there who don't also have wifi but for most, fast wifi speeds make fast cellular data less-than-crucial.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

12 years ago

@dpking44 wrote:

Wonder if there are plans for a 4G microcell?  Sucks our 4G phones can't take advantage of 4G speeds with our current microcells.

I guess it all depends on how you use your phone. We have one twenty-something living at home and the other two visit on occassion. Nobody has ever complained about slow speeds or issues.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

12 years ago

Honestly, speed isn't much of an issue for me either at this point but I just have this thing about having limited capability.  4G (don't have good 4G service in my area)  is supposedly much quicker than 3G so I don't like having that physical limitation.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.