For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
What is happening with 3G?
cblackstone's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, June 28th, 2017 7:33 PM

What ports/servers does the MicroCell use to talk TO AT&T?

I have a very secure network and control what ports are use for outbound communication.

What ports and servers does the MicroCell need access to for communication with AT&T? I have the correct ports open for communication back into my network.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

7 years ago

@cblackstone - this is from my Tech Guide (link in my sig line):

MINIMUM ROUTER REQUIREMENTS

DHCP enabled

Ports that must remain open (public and private):

123/UDP - for NTP traffic.

443/TCP - for HTTPS over TLS/SSL for provisioning and management traffic.

4500/UDP - for IPSec NAT Traversal (for all signaling, data, and voice traffic).

500/UDP - for IPSec Phase I prior to NAT detection, after which 4500/UDP is used.

IPSec Pass-Through is enabled

Block Fragmented Packets is disabled

NAT duties handled by only one device if you have a separate router and modem (gateway)

Keep in mind that the connections back to the AT&T Mobility Servers must be kept open 24x7 so that the secure VPN can be maintained at all times, not only thru your router but your ISP as well. Any break in that connection and you will lose connectivity.

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

7 years ago

We're assuming you already have a Mcell, as opposed to you doing simple fact-finding towards a potential purchase.

Are you having any problems connecting the Mcell to AT&T's Mobility Servers?  Port-forwarding isn't really necessary to establish communications to AT&T servers but in some cases can help with reliability.

Does your Mcell not work properly? 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.