What is happening with 3G?
MtnBikeMike's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Friday, June 17th, 2011 1:02 AM

Two Microcells On One Account

I would like to add my mom to my family plan but she receives poor coverage where she lives.  I already have a microcell in my home so we would have to add another to the account for her home.  I was just wondering has anyone added two microcells to the same account or know if it is possible?  Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

13 years ago

I've got two Microcells on my account, it works fine. I've got one for my home address, and another for my work address. The Microcells each have a spot where you can enter their unique address.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

13 years ago

My initial response is no. The MicroCell at your mom's house will lock in with the GPS but the physical address for your account won't match and the account won't activate. Others have reported activation problems when the AT&T address database was off from the customer resulting in no activation.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

13 years ago

@dhabben wrote:

I've got two Microcells on my account, it works fine. I've got one for my home address, and another for my work address. The Microcells each have a spot where you can enter their unique address.

Didn't realize that. I'd seen reports of MicroCells not activating because the addresses didn't match but that's apparently a slightly different problem. Thanks for the correction.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

13 years ago

I contacted AT&T Microcell technical support and they said it is possible, you just add it to your account under the management.  I thought this to be the case but when I called to add another line and see how much a second microcell would cost they said there is no way possible to add a second microcell to the same account so I almost didn't get an additional line and microcell.  I guess that just goes to show how little our local store knows.  Thanks for all the replies.

Guru

• 

396 Messages

13 years ago

Your question has already been answered but let me add that I also had two Microcells on my account.

I initially bought two to get solid coverage in my house.  After a few months I found that something had changed in the background and I no longer needed the second MC so  I gave it to my son on the west coast.

For several months I just left it on my account but changed the address to my son's address.  No problem.  Eventually I took that MC off my account and my son added it to his.  The only problem my son had, of course, is that while the MC was on my account he couldn't add or remove numbers.

You should have no problem with a second MC at your Mom's house, as long as there are no other activation issues (address not in the data base, etc.).

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.