What is happening with 3G?
OttoPylot's profile
ACE - Expert

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

Sunday, December 4th, 2016 12:23 AM

Sudden Loss of MicroCell connectivity - Please Resond

Ok guys and gals. We are seeing quite a few posts of people losing MicroCell connectivity with previously working units all of a sudden. Too many, in my opinion to be a localized issue. So, let's do this.... reply to his post with your location, just city and state, if your MicroCell was working before, you or your ISP hasn't made any changes around the time of connection loss, and all of the other lights are a solid green with the exception of the 3G light which is flashing green. The 3G light is the bottom LED on the white MicroCells and the top LED on the black MicroCell. I'll compile a list of locations and send it to the Admins next week to see if they can get any traction. In the meantime, please pm CustomerCare with your issue, what you have done to correct it, your account info, the best way for them to contact you, and your LOCATION.

One more thing. FIOS seems to coming up a lot so when you respond, please list your ISP and/or connection type.

AT&T Cell Booster Technical Guide by OttoPylot

Cellular Booster Guide by OttoPylot

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Palm Harbor, FL

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Dade City, Florida 33525

Bright House/Spectrum

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

From zip 96749 Hawaii

TWC

My problem was SOLVED  12/23/16

I had the sxact same problems as described

The remedy wa to replace the micro cel with the latest unit DPH 154

and re register device with the system via my att including proper physical address for GPS

Other procedure as follows: reboot TWC modem and  home wi fi ethernet router  and wait till  all systems "go" and stable 

: then plug inthe micro cel  power up  and plug into the  ethernet  : wait a while for it to lock into gps and voila   all working

Apparemntly if I reboot my system I have to go through this process with micro cel  : in other words it must be un plugged and then replugged into a stable network

this seems to fix it  but also  if a power failure occurs  which are numerous here, I will have to see what effect this will have overall

Hawaii - out 

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@AlanEL - please read my post MicroCell Issues Update. It should be a few posts down. If you are subject to power outages a lot I'd recommend putting your MicroCell on a UPS. That gives you a little more time to properly shutdown the MicroCell . Constant outages can damage the ac adapter and/or the MicroCell. A new MicroCell rarely fixes the problem (especially in your case) and only masks the real problem.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Thx. You just order the new unit from ATT?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Same problem - I've tried everything.

AT&T 3G Microcell by Cisco

Wright City, MO  63390

Century Link

stlgreg@swbell.net

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@stlgreg - Please read my post MicroCell Issues Updates a few posts down. Also, please don't post personal info.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@billy33 - If you have an existing MicroCell you need to contact support first to establish a support issue. A&T doesn't automatically hand out free MicroCells. If your problem is related to the current issues please read my current post: https://forums.att.com/t5/3G-MicroCell/MICROCELL-ISSUES-UPDATE/td-p/5031109#, chances are a new MicroCell will not correct the problem.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

7 years ago

Hi everybody, so it looks like miracles do happen. The microcell stopped working at the same time that everybody else, beginning of December, and nothing could fix it. Fustrated with the issue, I disconnected and unplugged the unit for 2 weeks. Today, I plugged back everything et voila, back to life.  Only thing that I tried before plugging back was to reset my TWC modem (unplugged it for few minutes). So, for now I am happy customer.

TWC/Spectrum Ultimate - Black Microcell Unit - California.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@Asterix - yep. We're starting to see some reports like yours. TWC has finally started to correct their backbone issues and a reset of their modems seems to work. Thanks for reporting back.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.