What is happening with 3G?
OttoPylot's profile
ACE - Expert

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

Sunday, December 4th, 2016 12:23 AM

Sudden Loss of MicroCell connectivity - Please Resond

Ok guys and gals. We are seeing quite a few posts of people losing MicroCell connectivity with previously working units all of a sudden. Too many, in my opinion to be a localized issue. So, let's do this.... reply to his post with your location, just city and state, if your MicroCell was working before, you or your ISP hasn't made any changes around the time of connection loss, and all of the other lights are a solid green with the exception of the 3G light which is flashing green. The 3G light is the bottom LED on the white MicroCells and the top LED on the black MicroCell. I'll compile a list of locations and send it to the Admins next week to see if they can get any traction. In the meantime, please pm CustomerCare with your issue, what you have done to correct it, your account info, the best way for them to contact you, and your LOCATION.

One more thing. FIOS seems to coming up a lot so when you respond, please list your ISP and/or connection type.

AT&T Cell Booster Technical Guide by OttoPylot

Cellular Booster Guide by OttoPylot

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

im still down too since friday 91344 granada hills 

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

im still down since friday and no one knows whats up from att im in granada hills ca 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

In Los Angeles and have the same problem. I have two microcells in two different locations. All on TWC/Spectrum. Everything was working for 2 years and in the last 2-3 days the microcell will not register. AT&T said they have been having problems with CA customers registering on to their network.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@finfel

@s281er238

AT&T is still working on it. So is Charter/TWC/Spectrum.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@Oliveira - I'm trying to get an update from the Admins but they are being very tight-lipped about it, understandably so. Charter, et al are also being less than forthcoming.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

@GlenHol - it's not your end. It's on the ISP -> AT&T side. The problem is bigger than everyone thought.

Former Employee

• 

408 Messages

7 years ago

@RhodesMan wrote:

@ATTKevin

@OttoPylot

Me too.

San Diego, CA.

ATT Uverse

Unplugged unit last night and when plugged back in got the flashing 3G.

Only saw this thread now. Already removed, replaced, reset and re-registered two different units with no joy.

Now I understand why.

Let me know if you need me to do some testing.

Will do @RhodesMan! I'll let you know! Thank you for the offer!

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Hi, Since I posted, I did a hard reset, and it seems to be working again this morning. I have the white tower. The blinking light was the bars at the bottom which were full on red. They blinked for better that half an hour before I gave up. Seems okay this morning though. Perhaps the boot up time is greater than I read.Thanks for checking in. David

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

7 years ago

Cox

Mesa, AZ

white microcell

top 3 green lights solid

bottom green light flashing

Netgear R7000 router (with UPNP enabled, although the microcell has not added any UPNP entries)

Deleted and readded microcell.  Interestingly, under "check activation progress" on the microcell settings page, it doesn't even acknowledge the microcell has powered up!  It says "power up pending," even though the microcell has a lock.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

ISP: Spectrum (formerly Time Warner)

The network light began blinking Dec. 2.  I reset everything multiple times including hard reset and de-registered, but now it won't even connect to re-register. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.