For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
What is happening with 3G?
OttoPylot's profile
ACE - Expert

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

Sunday, December 4th, 2016 12:23 AM

Sudden Loss of MicroCell connectivity - Please Resond

Ok guys and gals. We are seeing quite a few posts of people losing MicroCell connectivity with previously working units all of a sudden. Too many, in my opinion to be a localized issue. So, let's do this.... reply to his post with your location, just city and state, if your MicroCell was working before, you or your ISP hasn't made any changes around the time of connection loss, and all of the other lights are a solid green with the exception of the 3G light which is flashing green. The 3G light is the bottom LED on the white MicroCells and the top LED on the black MicroCell. I'll compile a list of locations and send it to the Admins next week to see if they can get any traction. In the meantime, please pm CustomerCare with your issue, what you have done to correct it, your account info, the best way for them to contact you, and your LOCATION.

One more thing. FIOS seems to coming up a lot so when you respond, please list your ISP and/or connection type.

AT&T Cell Booster Technical Guide by OttoPylot

Cellular Booster Guide by OttoPylot

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Cranston, RI using Verizon FiOS with no problems up until Friday. I have since deactivated, activated, done a full reset of my iPhone 7, reset the MicroCell, and still all the lights are solid green, but nothing on the approved device list will connect. There have been no changes by myself nor FiOS. This is the newer black Cisco model. It's getting really annoying at this point!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

ISP: AT&T U-Verse Gateway
MCell: AT&T Cisco

Flashing signal strength light since December 1.  The power company had two power outages in my home for hours each time on December 1 & 2.  I thought it was related, but after all normal resets, then coming across this, it may still be related to the power down/up cycles, but likely on the AT&T server side.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

What type of internet modem does everyone have? Not the microcell but the actually modem....

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

7 years ago

@dejanssen71 - the "satellite" is for GPS. The "bars" are your 3G connection. Which MicroCell do you have? It's helpful to know which MicroCell you have and which LED is blinking and the color (red or green). If you've lost GPS it could have been during maintenance or, if it is related to the other reported issues, connectivity from your ISP to AT&T due to what appears routing issues from various ISPs.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

7 years ago

Modem: Ubee (Cox)

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

7 years ago

@JupiterGirl - yes, AT&T does have a responsibility but if it is the actual routing from your ISP to AT&T, there is not much they can do but exert some pressure on the affected ISPs to figure out what the issue is and get it fixed. I am putting together the list now as we speak. I will make it a .doc so I can email and attach directly to the Admin without having to go thru Messages. I will send to the list late this afternoon so it will be in their mailboxes first thing in the morning. I will include usernames, city/state, and ISP. Things are still fine for me so I don't know if this is regional or a specific backend that is being affected.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Pace AT&T modem 5268acfxn

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

7 years ago

@Erheiman - good question. Some routers/modems just do not play nice with the MicroCell and if there was a firmware push by the ISP due to maintenance/upgrade, the could explain some of the problems. I'm not convinced of that but it is a possibility. Pace and Ubee are two of the devices that we have seen previously reported issues with.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

ISP: Charter Spectrum (formerly TWC)

Top 3 lights solid, bottom light flashing.  Have tried powering off and on, resetting on website, 

swapping ethernet cable and ports.  Same old, same old.

Instead of 5 bars and full service my iPhone 6S shows AT&T Wi-Fi Assist and only 1 bar.

Started around November 30.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

Mine is a custom built pfSense router. I am pretty sure this is an AT&T issue. This is the first trouble I have had with my microcell in over 3 years.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.