- edited 02-05-2016 7:36 AM
I just went to "Manage Your MicroCell" to add an additional approved user. I found that my entire list of approved users was gone...all entries were blank. That included my wife's and my cell numbers....they were gone.
I find now that each time I start the process of managing my MicroCell I have to click to select which our our two cell phones the MicroCell is linked to. And when I continue to the next step under "Your MicroCell Device Information" it says "Device Status: Activation Pending."
I've been using our MicroCell for years without problems. Nothing's changed on our account or the MicroCell's physical configuration. And despite the "Activation Pending" status, our phones are connected to the MC now and calls work normally.
Anyone have any idea what's going on here? Was there an update in the AT&T website with a bug that broke the Manage-Your-MicroCell features?
Solved by: Go to Solution.
02-05-2016 8:17 AM
That's the first I've heard of this so let me link your post to the Admins and see what they can find out. Sounds like a major glitch on the myAT&T MicroCell page. It's Friday so hopefully we can get something moving before the weekend.
02-05-2016 8:34 AM
By any chance did you try a different browser? I've seen strange things happen to the myAT&T page and by switching to a different browser, the problem went away. This does sound more like an IT/Lithium thing but it doesn't hurt to try.
02-05-2016 8:39 AM
FWIW I'm running Win 7 Pro (x64) SP1 and my default browser is IE 11. I hadn't thought of trying a different browser but I just ran through the drill with Firefox and everything was indentical to what I saw in IE 11.
02-05-2016 10:07 AM
Hmm, I'm running FF 44.0 on Win 7 Pro at work and have no problems accessing my myAT&T Microcell page. I didn't attempt to make any changes. I'm wondering if something got messed up with your specific account.
According the MicroCell Ops group, they've never seen a problem like this before, which I am doubtful of, and their suggestion is to de-register and then re-register but I'm a bit leery of that. I would send a pm to CustomerCare with all of the pertinent info and get started on that end. I'll let you know if I hear anything further.
02-05-2016 10:38 AM
Thanks for the update but I don't think I'm going to deregister and reregister....not when the MicroCell is still working.
Maybe I'll send a PM to customer care with some screen grabs. Or maybe I'll just wait a few days and see if it fixes itself.
02-05-2016 10:52 AM
Yeah, I'd be a bit apprehensive about de-registering. Do send a pm to CustomerCare though and see what the response is. MicroCell Ops is reluctant to do anything if they don't see a "written" complaint. Can't hurt.
02-05-2016 11:19 AM
Well....my problem may have just been due to a senior moment. At least partly.
I finally noticed that on the page Manage Your MicroCell takes me to first, "Link Your AT&T Microcell to a wireless phone number," there were two choices. My wife's cell number and mine. But here's the catch....my wife's number was associated with a MicroCell that I haven't had for years. I bought two way back when and gave one away when I found I didn't need two.
Now....the thing that confused me is in the past I don't think I was taken to that page where I had to select a number to link my MC to. I incorrectly selected the s/n of the MC I no longer have. In any case, what I finally did was select that old MC s/n associated with my wife's cell number, and then on the next page I selected "Disconnect Your MicroCell Device." Now, having done that, the old long gone unit no longer shows up on the first page. And when I continue on to Your MicroCell Device Information all of the numbers on my Approved List are there.
So I'm sorry for what is mostly a false alarm but I can't understand why that other MC s/n was present to cause the confusion.
02-05-2016 12:04 PM
I'm glad that I'm not the only person to have a senior moment I have two MicroCell's associated with my account (under my cell phone number). One is my original MicroCell and the other one is my current MicroCell (DPH-154). I leave my old account active so that I can take that MicroCell to another location, change the address, and I'm good to go without having to touch the MicroCell that's at my home. But yeah, you need to pay attention to the pull down tab at the top if you have multiple accounts/MicroCell's. I gave my MicroCell's different names so I can look at a glance at the top of the page in case something gets moved around to see which one I'm messing with.
02-05-2016 12:07 PM
Yeah, but the thing is I don't have multiple MicroCells and haven't for several years. I just have the one, and it's always been associated with my phone number.
Anyway, I will be more careful looking at that page in the future.
02-05-2016 12:13 PM
But you still had an active account for a different MicroCell (serial number). It appears that somehow the default MicroCell got changed and the old account appeared which you were trying to modify, and if it's not online, things get weird. If you deactivate the old account which is associated with the old MicroCell's serial number, you should be ok because you will only have one MicroCell account appearing on your myAT&T page which will be the current, in-use MicroCell.
- edited 02-05-2016 12:19 PM
Yes, but I didn't have two active accounts. Thus the puzzle.
As I said, I gave away my second MC years ago. I deactivated that account at that time and the person I gave the unit to had it up and running registered to their account.
I don't know how (or when) that second unit came back to my account but it shouldn't have.
02-05-2016 12:35 PM
Hmmm, that sounds like an IT issue then. Yep, if you deactiated that MicroCell, gave it away, and it was successfully reactived to a new account it shouldn't be under your account at all. Keep an eye on it and let us know if something changes.