For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
What is happening with 3G?
jefe's profile

Guru

• 

396 Messages

Friday, February 5th, 2016 3:14 PM

Strange "Manage MicroCell" behavior....

I just went to "Manage Your MicroCell" to add an additional approved user.  I found that my entire list of approved users was gone...all entries were blank.  That included my wife's and my cell numbers....they were gone.

I find now that each time I start the process of managing my MicroCell I have to click to select which our our two cell phones the MicroCell is linked to.  And when I continue to the next step under "Your MicroCell Device Information" it says "Device Status: Activation Pending."

I've been using our MicroCell for years without problems.   Nothing's changed on our account or the MicroCell's physical configuration.  And despite the "Activation Pending" status, our phones are connected to the MC now and calls work normally.

Anyone have any idea what's going on here?  Was there an update in the AT&T website with a bug that broke the Manage-Your-MicroCell features?

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

8 years ago

But you still had an active account for a different MicroCell (serial number). It appears that somehow the default MicroCell got changed and the old account appeared which you were trying to modify, and if it's not online, things get weird. If you deactivate the old account which is associated with the old MicroCell's serial number, you should be ok because you will only have one MicroCell account appearing on your myAT&T page which will be the current, in-use MicroCell.

Guru

• 

396 Messages

8 years ago

Yes, but I didn't have two active accounts.  Thus the puzzle.

As I said, I gave away my second MC years ago.  I deactivated that account at that time and the person I gave the unit to had it up and running registered to their account.

I don't know how (or when) that second unit came back to my account but it shouldn't have.

ACE - Expert

• 

24.2K Messages

8 years ago

Hmmm, that sounds like an IT issue then. Yep, if you deactiated that MicroCell, gave it away, and it was successfully reactived to a new account it shouldn't be under your account at all. Keep an eye on it and let us know if something changes.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.