What is happening with 3G?
jefe's profile

Guru

• 

396 Messages

Friday, February 5th, 2016 3:14 PM

Strange "Manage MicroCell" behavior....

I just went to "Manage Your MicroCell" to add an additional approved user.  I found that my entire list of approved users was gone...all entries were blank.  That included my wife's and my cell numbers....they were gone.

I find now that each time I start the process of managing my MicroCell I have to click to select which our our two cell phones the MicroCell is linked to.  And when I continue to the next step under "Your MicroCell Device Information" it says "Device Status: Activation Pending."

I've been using our MicroCell for years without problems.   Nothing's changed on our account or the MicroCell's physical configuration.  And despite the "Activation Pending" status, our phones are connected to the MC now and calls work normally.

Anyone have any idea what's going on here?  Was there an update in the AT&T website with a bug that broke the Manage-Your-MicroCell features?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Guru

• 

396 Messages

8 years ago

Well....my problem may have just been due to a senior moment.  At least partly.

I finally noticed that on the page Manage Your MicroCell takes me to first, "Link Your AT&T Microcell to a wireless phone number,"  there were two choices.  My wife's cell number and mine.  But here's the catch....my wife's number was associated with a MicroCell that I haven't had for years.  I bought two way back when and gave one away when I found I didn't need two.

Now....the thing that confused me is in the past I don't think I was taken to that page where I had to select a number to link my MC to.  I incorrectly selected the s/n of the MC I no longer have.  In any case, what I finally did was select that old MC s/n associated with my wife's cell number, and then on the next page I selected "Disconnect Your MicroCell Device."   Now, having done that, the old long gone unit no longer shows up on the first page.  And when I continue on to Your MicroCell Device Information all of the numbers on my Approved List are there.

So I'm sorry for what is mostly a false alarm but I can't understand why that other MC s/n was present to cause the confusion.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

That's the first I've heard of this so let me link your post to the Admins and see what they can find out. Sounds like a major glitch on the myAT&T MicroCell page. It's Friday so hopefully we can get something moving before the weekend.

Guru

• 

396 Messages

8 years ago

Thanks Otto.  Standing by for further.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@jefe

By any chance did you try a different browser? I've seen strange things happen to the myAT&T page and by switching to a different browser, the problem went away. This does sound more like an IT/Lithium thing but it doesn't hurt to try.

Guru

• 

396 Messages

8 years ago

FWIW I'm running Win 7 Pro (x64) SP1 and my default browser is IE 11.  I hadn't thought of trying a different browser but I just ran through the drill with Firefox and everything was indentical to what I saw in IE 11.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

Hmm, I'm running FF 44.0 on Win 7 Pro at work and have no problems accessing my myAT&T Microcell page. I didn't attempt to make any changes. I'm wondering if something got messed up with your specific account.

According the MicroCell Ops group, they've never seen a problem like this before, which I am doubtful of, and their suggestion is to de-register and then re-register but I'm a bit leery of that. I would send a pm to CustomerCare with all of the pertinent info and get started on that end. I'll let you know if I hear anything further.

Guru

• 

396 Messages

8 years ago

Thanks for the update but I don't think I'm going to deregister and reregister....not when the MicroCell is still working.

Maybe I'll send a PM to customer care with some screen grabs.  Or maybe I'll just wait a few days and see if it fixes itself.  🙂

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

Yeah, I'd be a bit apprehensive about de-registering. Do send a pm to CustomerCare though and see what the response is. MicroCell Ops is reluctant to do anything if they don't see a "written" complaint. Can't hurt.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

I'm glad that I'm not the only person to have a senior moment Smiley Wink I have two MicroCell's associated with my account (under my cell phone number). One is my original MicroCell and the other one is my current MicroCell (DPH-154). I leave my old account active so that I can take that MicroCell to another location, change the address, and I'm good to go without having to touch the MicroCell that's at my home. But yeah, you need to pay attention to the pull down tab at the top if you have multiple accounts/MicroCell's. I gave my MicroCell's different names so I can look at a glance at the top of the page in case something gets moved around to see which one I'm messing with.

Guru

• 

396 Messages

8 years ago

Yeah, but the thing is I don't have multiple MicroCells and haven't for several years.  I just have the one, and it's always been associated with my phone number.

Anyway, I will be more careful looking at that page in the future.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.