What is happening with 3G?
bigbearbear's profile

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

Sunday, June 20th, 2010 4:59 AM

Closed

Static IP address on Microcell?

Hello, is there a way to configure static IP address for the Microcell station?  Due to a strange dual-WAN (Cable and DSL) configuration I have at home, I would like my Microcell to use the DSL (secondary WAN) but I can't do it because the DHCP sets all DHCP clients to use the Primary connection.  Thanks.

Bigbear.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

7.4K Messages

14 years ago

There is no way to set a staic IP from the device itself or online.

The only way to assign a specific IP is address is via your router using DHCP reservation assignment.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

14 years ago

Hello, ah well...a pity but no big deal, nothing a separate router/DHCP server won't fix.  Hopefully they'll release a new version that has some kind of management interface, like those routers we install at home.

Bigbear.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

14 years ago

One way to set a static IP address is to use the MAC address and assign an IP address from the DHCP routing device. For example look at static ip addresses using dd-wrt dd-wrt static addresses

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Here is a work around for giving the Microcell a static IP AND full access to/from the Internet caused by the lack of any IP configuration capabilities of the Microcell..

Go into your router under "DHCP" and see what's connected.  This assumes you have DHCP turned on.  You will see the MAC and IP addresses listed.  Get the MAC address off the Microcell and then you will know what IP address it has.  As Planet-Ed noted above, most routers will allow you to "Reserve" an IP address for a specific MAC address.  Do that.

Then, go to your advanced options on the router and look for "DMZ" configuration.  Put the reserved IP address as the address for the DMZ.  This way the Microcell will be fully open to all Internet traffic - both ways - which is must have to function properly.  If you want to get technical instead, you can spend 30 minutes setting up port forwarding on the router for ports 123 UDP, 443 TCP, 500 UDP, and 4500 UDP.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

@hadrobinson - you've responded to a 6 year old thread. Assigning a static IP address to the MicroCell based on its MAC address has been covered extensively here and in the Tech Guide (see link in my sig). Port forwarding to the statically assigned IP address is what most of us do instead of using the DMZ. We have left out specific instructions for how to do that to the end-users because there are just too many different models of routers and firmware versions for us to keep up with.

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

8 years ago

Do you think he's lost?  Smiley Surprised

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.