What is happening with 3G?
Fastlane65's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, July 13th, 2016 4:13 PM

Signal booster

I'm looking for a booster to put in my house to boost the signal strength. I live in the country and get one to two bars on a good day. What's the best thing to get?? A microcell uses the Internet, I don't have Internet in my area. Thanks,

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

6 years ago

Yea i realize this, there are towers with a few miles yet deadspots inside
and out of buildings!

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@JamesRMacy - welcome to the world of cellular phones. A problem that plagues all carriers.

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

6 years ago

Well again i know this, you're dancing around my main issue but i can tell
you are little to no help so....

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@JamesRMacy - and what is your main issue? That you don't get adequate signal in your home, the MicroCell doesn't work, WiFi-C is spotty?

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

6 years ago

I'm not sure what your main issue is other than expecting unrealistic solutions to your problem.  As Otto said, deadspots in RF-shielded buildings are part of cellular communications and are independent of carriers.  That's why carriers have offered alternatives to customers like the Mcell and WiFi Calling.

You can get a Mcell, use WiFi Calling or get a cellular booster to improve call coverage in areas of poor tower reception.  Expecting AT&T or any other carrier for that matter, to site a tower in a particular area doesn't happen overnight for a variety of obvious regulatory reasons.  

If you want help, we will need more information about your ISP and home networking hardware.  If you are here just to complain, then you've done so and have a good day.

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

6 years ago

Ok so both of you dont comprehend. This isnt about my home, which service
Is awful at my home too but i have wifi. Inside and outside of buildings
there
are deadspots. Then 20ft away there is service, Signal boosters are too
expensive to purchase, especially when there should be signal coverage. You
KNOW where the map says there is coverage and you've put in several tickets
and 0 has been done. Wifi and broadband arent always available everywhere.
Many people in my rural area use cellular data as their main data uses!

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@JamesRMacy - rural areas are difficult for any carrier. Some do a better job than others but they all have issues. Coverage maps can and do change so they are not always reliable or accurate. It would be nice if there was 100% coverage everywhere but that’s not gonna happen for a lot of reasons (most are *rap).

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

6 years ago

I think I comprehend quite well.  You want a solution to your problem that doesn't involve using any ancillary devices to connect your phone call via the internet.  You want 100% cell tower coverage everywhere in the US so you phone works all the time regardless of your location, whether it's in steel-incased building or in the middle of Toadlick, Arkansas.  In a perfect world we all would have that luxury, but regardless of the carrier, there isn't 100% coverage in the real world for a variety of technological, regulatory and cost reasons which aren't going to change in the foreseeable future.

You can continue to complain about cell coverage here in this forum but we aren't the ones who can do anything about it.  So if you want help, we will try to offer suggestions to you if you are trying to improve your cell coverage at home.  You will need to provide adequate information regarding your hardware and ISP so we can narrow down your options.  We don't build cell towers, we help users of AT&T's Microcell.  Write your legislative representatives and complain to them about your lack of coverage.

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

6 years ago

Wow you are a piece of work! I would like for my service to work as i pay
for it! Ive worked for ATT and Sprint, if i cant get service in my everyday
life then ATT needs to work on something or offer signal boosters. Please
refrain from posting in my question if you're going to be snooty, or try to
redirect to the Microcell poop. I know what is expected of these carriers,
and having service within 20ft of an area and then not have it taking 10
steps 1 way or the other is unacceptable. Sprint used to give signal
boosters if you could prove you didnt have service. I dont want a giveaway,
what i want is what i pay for and at a reasonable price. This is a forum
and i believe im allowed to conplain here and look for sensible answers or
ideas. Neither of which you've provided

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@JamesRMacy - what do you want us to tell you? Cellular coverage can suck big time for some folks in specific areas. I agree that the carriers should offer better, or at least equal service to all areas but that just isn't going to happen. Verizon used to, or maybe they still do, offer free femtocells to some but their system is not secure so that has it's own set of issues. The only viable option available to people in your situation is to get an actual cellular booster if you have at least one or two bars of signal. But they are pricey.

Your situation is beyond the scope of our help. Complaining is fine but you need to move on because the answers you want are not here. AT&T Corporate doesn't read these forums so your complaints will never reach them. And if they did, nothing will change. You need to complain to the FCC, your Congressman, etc.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.