Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: Signal booster

Contributor

Signal booster

I'm looking for a booster to put in my house to boost the signal strength. I live in the country and get one to two bars on a good day. What's the best thing to get?? A microcell uses the Internet, I don't have Internet in my area. Thanks,
Message 1 of 24
ACE - Professor
Solution
Accepted by ACE - Expert (ACE - Expert)
Accepted by OttoPylot
‎07-14-2016 11:10 AM

No internet?  Then your choice is limited.  There are signal boosters that do not use the internet but they are expensive.  Products like the Cel-Fi are a two-device signal booster that requires at least 1 bar of signal strength somewhere inside your house.  You place the Network unit where your best signal is and you place the Coverage unit in a central location in your home.  The Cel-Fi Pro costs $695 and has a 30 day return window if you don't like the performance.  There are other signal booster companies out there like weboost also.  Their units aren't cheap either.

Good luck!

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 24
ACE - Expert

Avedis53's suggestion is about the only thing available to you without internet.

MicroCell Technical Guide by OttoPylot

Cellular Booster Guide by OttoPylot

"Quick Tips: My Microcell Doesn't Work"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 24
ACE - Professor

and you get the solution?  Pffft!

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

Message 4 of 24
ACE - Expert

Yeah I saw that. Let me change it.

Message 5 of 24
Contributor

We get 1 bar signal strength in the apartment bldg. I do have Internet, but not wireless. Any suggestions for boosting my cell phone strength? (AT&T mobile service and Comcast Internet.)
Message 6 of 24
ACE - Expert

If  you haven't done so already, look into the MicroCell. It is not a cellular booster but an actual femtocell that uses your internet connection to reach the AT&T Mobility Servers so you can use your cell phone when reception from a macrocell (tower) is weak or spotty. The MicroCell uses the 3G protocols so while it is not fast for data (the download is usually limited to 3-5Mbps) it is plenty fast for voice, which is what it is designed for. However, apartment buildings are difficult at times because of the way your internet service may be setup so it should work, but your internet service will be the determining factor.

Message 7 of 24
Highlighted

You would think that more would be made to.ensure that we get signal everywhere!

Message 8 of 24
ACE - Expert

@JamesRMacy - Talk to the FCC.

Message 9 of 24

What would FCC have anything to do?
Message 10 of 24
ACE - Expert

@JamesRMacy - carriers can't just put up towers anywhere or increase their signal propagation without FCC and local municipalities approval, and that can take years.

Message 11 of 24

Yea i realize this, there are towers with a few miles yet deadspots inside
and out of buildings!
Message 12 of 24
ACE - Expert

@JamesRMacy - welcome to the world of cellular phones. A problem that plagues all carriers.

Message 13 of 24

Well again i know this, you're dancing around my main issue but i can tell
you are little to no help so....
Message 14 of 24
ACE - Expert

@JamesRMacy - and what is your main issue? That you don't get adequate signal in your home, the MicroCell doesn't work, WiFi-C is spotty?

Message 15 of 24
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Do you need to fix, replace or track a device? We Can Help With That!

Additional Support