What is happening with 3G?
Fastlane65's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, July 13th, 2016 4:13 PM

Signal booster

I'm looking for a booster to put in my house to boost the signal strength. I live in the country and get one to two bars on a good day. What's the best thing to get?? A microcell uses the Internet, I don't have Internet in my area. Thanks,

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

8 years ago

No internet?  Then your choice is limited.  There are signal boosters that do not use the internet but they are expensive.  Products like the Cel-Fi are a two-device signal booster that requires at least 1 bar of signal strength somewhere inside your house.  You place the Network unit where your best signal is and you place the Coverage unit in a central location in your home.  The Cel-Fi Pro costs $695 and has a 30 day return window if you don't like the performance.  There are other signal booster companies out there like weboost also.  Their units aren't cheap either.

Good luck!

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

Avedis53's suggestion is about the only thing available to you without internet.

Professor

• 

2.2K Messages

8 years ago

and you get the solution?  Pffft!

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

Yeah I saw that. Let me change it.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

We get 1 bar signal strength in the apartment bldg. I do have Internet, but not wireless. Any suggestions for boosting my cell phone strength? (AT&T mobile service and Comcast Internet.)

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

8 years ago

If  you haven't done so already, look into the MicroCell. It is not a cellular booster but an actual femtocell that uses your internet connection to reach the AT&T Mobility Servers so you can use your cell phone when reception from a macrocell (tower) is weak or spotty. The MicroCell uses the 3G protocols so while it is not fast for data (the download is usually limited to 3-5Mbps) it is plenty fast for voice, which is what it is designed for. However, apartment buildings are difficult at times because of the way your internet service may be setup so it should work, but your internet service will be the determining factor.

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

6 years ago

You would think that more would be made to.ensure that we get signal everywhere!

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@JamesRMacy - Talk to the FCC.

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

6 years ago

What would FCC have anything to do?

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@JamesRMacy - carriers can't just put up towers anywhere or increase their signal propagation without FCC and local municipalities approval, and that can take years.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.